Knowing you a bit better!

Beginne am Anfang

A while later, Ram was instructing his manager regarding the decoration...for the next morning veneration...meanwhile, Priya steps in...seeing her...he follows her to the upstairs...Priya drops her handbag in the couch....laying her head upon the wall behind...Ram not noticing her exhausted state, comes near and asks (rubbing two of his palm in excitement) offo...Priya...where were you? Priya looks up to him...his such inquiry makes her irate!

Ram please, it's not been even two days since we are married, and you have started inquiring me! I have never given any explanation to anybody in my life about my whereabouts! Let me make it clear to you, I am never going to ask you where do you spend your time and with whom! And I expect the same from you! Ram observes her carefully....doesn't react until she let her frustration out! As soon as Priya realizes that she has overreacted, she attempts to get up from the couch in an apologetic approach...Ram flashes a light smile...Priya, there are some things that the time would answer better, till then, no worries, I will try not to interfere! Once you freshen up, feel free to join us downstairs as we are chalking plans for Maa's b'day tomorrow! Priya nods her head in affirmation with a pale smile on her face.

Standing in front of the wash mirror, she keeps thinking, why did I burst out? If papa is not keeping well, that's not Ram's mistake! What's wrong with you Priya? Nobody ever inquired you about anything because you grew up all alone...there was no one to share your heart with! Papa remained busy either planning a secure future for you or struggling with the agonizing feeling of being alone without his better half! Her varied set of emotions moistens her eyes...even before she could feel it! She sprinkles water on her face...and rubs her teary eyes! Should I inform Ram that papa is unwell? No, he seemed very excited about the birthday celebration, let the celebration pass well first! 

She hurriedly goes down to join the discussion, but couldn't add up her contribution....all these were so new to her...so she silently kept admiring the sight that how a bunch of people planning for their mother's birthday with great extent of devotion! Suddenly, she feels someone's presence behind her...Krishna Ji it was...she could feel that Priya had never experienced such gathering...such light hearted arguments between siblings....she keeps her hand on Priya's shoulder....Priya, you know how to cook noodles na? You can add that in the list! Priya realizing that she purposely gave her the easiest task, instantly hugs Krishna Ji! All her fret went away...experiencing the warmth of the lady who meant more a mother to her than an in-law!

Next day:

The well decorated mansion buzzing with the birthday preparations...Natasha preparing the prayer plate...Rishabh instructing to hang flower in the railing of the staircase...Dadi preparing barfi and laddoo...Krishna Ji overseeing each of the activities with happiness and content...Priya lighting up the candles kept in the jar...Ram and Vikram went out to bring the idol of Lord Krishna as a gesture of present to the special lady....altogether, it was a glorious morning, filled with activities of the Kapoors!

All dresses up for the veneration....Natasha, Neha & Priya planned to go with a combination of red and white matching with today's special lady: KK...Though Natasha & Neha went for salwar suits, Priya chose a saree to carry...she had made a bun knotted in flower garland....and had applied a bit of kajal in the upper lashes of her eyes, a full set of red bangles occupying her wrists...her wedding necklace royally displaying out its appearance in the middle fold of the saree...and the pinch of vermilion complimenting her attire!

All gathers for the veneration....making a prayer for the wellbeing of the head of the family...their mother...their lifeline...Priya also made a silent prayer for her Papa's recovery...unknowingly, another name came into her mind..."God, please....Ram has so much innocence in his eyes....never let it fade away!" She herself startles as soon as she realized what she had just wished for! She opens her eyes instantly....for her surprise...she finds Ram staring at her...beauty had no exact definition for him.. once her mother told him that how beautiful a heart is always reflected in the face! Why did he find Priya beautiful? Just because he would be spending all his life with this lady in front of him? No, this can't be the only reason, the heart wants to whisper that there was something much more to it! What is it? What was it?