Future Planning

Later that night when the kids had gone to sleep, Kai eagerly awaited Jeff's phone call as she folded washing. When her phone began to ring she felt like an excited child, the butterflies in her stomach were going crazy and she loved that he still had that effect on her.

"Hey Babe" she answered cheerfully.

"Hey Beautiful. How was the rest of your day?"

"It was great. I missed my little monkeys".

"I bet they missed you too. So... I've been thinking" Jeff began, and those words immediately had Kai a little on edge. Had he changed his mind? Did he not want to be with her anymore? Was he regretting saying he loved her? She couldn't help but let her insecurities get the best of her.

"About?" She probed.

"This whole long distance thing, it's been really hard" he told her, and those words made her heart sink. This was it... he was calling it off. Kai couldn't stop the tears that were welling up in her eyes.

"W-what are you saying? You don't wanna do this anymore? You wanna end it?" She asked sadly.

"What!? No! Fuck no Darlin!"

"Don't scare me like that!" She scolded. "Jesus..." she sighed.

"Sorry Sweetheart... I should have worded that differently. What I meant was I can't stand being away from you. It's killing me Darlin, I miss you so fucking much it hurts" Jeff admitted.

"Me too. As soon as we're apart I miss you like crazy. But we always knew it was going to be like this".

"What if it doesn't have to be?"

"What do you mean?"

"I was thinking... what if I buy a farm where you are?"

"Seriously!?" Kai exclaimed with excitement.

"Yeah! Think about it. How much easier would it make things? When I'm home, we can spend so much more time together. I can see you and the kids all the time. I mean... if that's something you want?"

"Jeff... I don't even know what to say. That would be so amazing" Kai replied happily. "But... you love your farm".

"I like my farm... I love my animals. And I love you more" Jeffrey told her. "I would move anywhere in the world if it meant we could be together" he confessed.

"You've put a lot of thought into this huh?"

"Oh yes" he chuckled. "I even found a place already. It's perfect. It's just outside of town, plenty of room for all the animals. The kids will love it" he said excitedly. "Have you got your laptop handy?"

"Yeah..."

"I'll message you a link, take a look and let me know what you think".

As she clicked on the link and scrolled through the photos she was in awe. It looked like a beautiful spot. The house was huge, with a big barn and lots of paddocks. There was even a fort for the kids to play in.

"Wow" she whispered.

"What do you think Darlin?"

"Jeff... it's awesome".

"I'm glad you like it. Coz I bought it this afternoon" he chuckled.

"You what!? No way?"

"Yup. Once all the paperwork goes through its mine... ours if you want it to be?"

"You want us to live together? Are you sure?"

"Of course. Only if that's what you want too. I don't want you to say yes just to make me happy. I want you to feel ready for this. It's a big deal" he told her. "I understand if it's too soon".