2. Long Day

I wake up the next morning and head downstairs to see Sookie making eggs and bacon. My stomach growls and she turns around and laughs. "You hungry?" I quickly nod and rush to the table for a seat.

She chuckles once again and puts a full plate of food in front of me. She grabs me some juice and I can't help but think that I'm already getting treated better on my second day here then I ever did with my adoptive parents.

"So. Do you remember what we talked about over the phone?" She asks and I nod. She wants me to get a job to get more comfortable around here and meet new people. She said there is a bar called, Merlottes. "I asked Sam about it and he's the owner and he said you can start today, at 11:00. It's nine forty-five, so after you eat I would go get ready." Sookie says stuffing a piece of toast in her mouth.

"Okay. Thank you Sookie, really."

~
"You must be Sadie!" A red headed girl says to me as soon as Sam Merlotte got me my uniform and started me off on my first shift. "I'm Arlene, don't be scared to ask for help." She gives me a reassuring smile before grabbing her tray full of food and walking to a table with a cute little old couple at it.

A boy and a girl walk in and find themselves a seat. Sam gives me a nod letting me know that I have to serve them. Once I walk over they both look up at me and smile. "Hi. I'm Sadie and I'm going to be your waitress for today. What can I get you guys?"

"Um. I'll have the cheese burger with extra fries and extra ketchup." Says the petite blonde girl. I quickly write down the order and look at the man. "And for you?" I ask.

"I'll just take a beer, thanks." I walk away with a sigh. This is gonna be a long day.

~
It's now ten o'clock at night and Sookie still isn't here to pick me up. My shift was over half an hour ago. My leg is going up and down, I can't help but to be really scared right now.

I mean, I don't know anyone besides Sookie really, and I have no idea how to get home so I can't even walk. My head immediately looks to the door when the bell goes off, hoping to see Sookie but only to see, Eric.

My heart beat goes up and it gets harder to breath. He gives me a smirk and makes his way over to the table I'm sitting at. "You ready?"

What?

"E-excuse me?" I ask with wide eyes. He rolls his eyes and roughly grabs my arm, pulling me out of the wooden bench and towards the door. "W-what are you doing?" I ask weakly. Is he going to kill me? Is he going to kidnap me and use me as a human blood bag? All these thoughts makes it harder to breath.

"Taking you home." He states flatly and I relax at his response but not completely with the fact I have to sit in a car with him, alone. He unlocks this black car and gets in the drivers seat. I was about to get in the back, but decided against it. I have a feeling he would comment on that way to much.

We've been in this car for at least 10 minutes in complete silence. No radio. No nothing. "How old are you?" I nearly jump out of my skin at the sound of his deep voice. "Relax. Why are you so jumpy?" This hit a nerve. You try being raised by abusive parents and see how "jumpy" you are, A-hole.

"I'm not jumpy." I state firmly and he slowly looks at me. Oh no. Did I hit a nerve? I honestly thought I was going to die, that is until he let out a laugh. The weirdest feeling came over me when he laughed though. I felt tingles, and I felt safe and at peace.

"Answer my question." Why does he care?

"Why? You already asked me this anyway." I say quietly. "Just answer!" He snaps. "Seventeen." I squeak and he slowly chuckles. "Interesting. Very interesting."

Bite me जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें