Chapter 4: Hooks and Beasts

Începe de la început

      "Harry, how old were you when you wrote this?" She asked, drying the tears from her eyes. "Eight." He smiled, taking his thumb and wiping away a stray tear she missed. Uma furrowed her brow in confusion. "But we met when we were eight. How could you write this when we had only just met?" Harry pulled Uma to his chest and lowered his lips to her ear as he whispered, "Because I fell in love with you the moment I met you."
       Uma's smile grew as she leaned against his chest. "But what about the dad thing?" Harry gently slid his arms around her waist and placed his hands on her stomach. It might still be flat right now, but inside their child was growing. "Ever since I was a wee lad I dreamed of having my own family so I could one day give them all the love I never got. We may be young, and parenthood isn't easy, but this child is my dream come true."
       Uma placed her hands on top of Harry's before turning to face him. Harry slowly leaned down and just as their lips were about to meet the bedroom do flew open. The two quickly pulled apart and saw Gil in the doorway with a worried expression. "Gil, why are you barging into my room?" Uma asked with an annoyed expression on her face. "There's a limo and guards outside. They're looking for Harry."
"What?!" Uma yelled getting off the bed and whirling around to face Harry. "Why are they looking for you?" Harry sighed as he got up. "Because Love, I sent a letter to King Ben. He probably wants to talk. I'm trying to get us off the Isle. Uma stared at him in disbelief. "And you didn't think to tell me?" "I wanted to surprise ye. I'm doing this for us. We should go meet them." Harry said gesturing towards the door. Uma sighed. "Fine, but you better come home."
       Harry grinned before giving her a gentle peck on the lips. "I always do." He grabbed her hand and began to leave the room when he remembered Gil was standing there the whole time they were talking. "Gil," Harry said sternly, "if you repeat anything you just heard to anyone, I will throw you to Old Tic Toc myself. Got it?" Gil nodded before taking off towards the main deck. Harry and Uma just shook their heads before taking off in the same direction.
        As they reach the main deck they immediately noticed the two guards in blue and gold uniforms waiting on deck. "Harry Hook?" They asked, coming towards them. "That's me." Harry said releasing uma's hand and walking towards them. "Please leave all weapons here and come with us," one of the guards said, guesturing to his hook and sword. Harry removed his sword and handed it, and his hook, to Uma. "I'll be back for them soon love." He whispered kissing her cheek. "Just be safe." Uma whispered is Harry walked back over to the guards.
        As he came to stand in front of the guards, the guard on the left pulled out a set of handcuffs while the guard on the right began to speak. "To ensure the safety of the king, we have been asked to properly restrain you before transporting you to Auradon. Please place your hands behind your back." Harry wanted to flip his lid right then and there but knew if he didn't comply they wouldn't allow him to see Ben. Reluctantly, he turned around and allowed them to secure the handcuffs on his wrists.
     "What are you doing to him?!" Uma shouted is Gil held her back. "You're treating him like a criminal!" Harry turn towards Uma and gave her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry love, I'm okay. I'll do whatever they ask as long as I get to talk to Ben. Gil, take care of Uma until I get back. You're temporary first mate." Uma and Gil nodded as Harry allowed the guards take him away. The guards placed Harry in the limo and in a matter of minutes, they were gone.
🌟
      Mal paced around the office nervously as she and Ben awaited Harry's arrival. "I can't believe you're actually bringing him here." Ben got up and pulled her into a tight hug. Everything is going to be just fine. I had the guards handcuff him as promised so just relax." Mal nodded as Ben lead her over to the two chairs behind his desk. However, just as they got settled their was a knock at the door. "Come in." Ben called. The door opened to reveal two guards and a smirking Harry.
       "Well, well, well. King Ben, it is a pleasure to see ye again." Harry said as the guards placed him in the chair in front of them. "Welcome Harry. It's good to see you as well. I'm hoping we can put the past behind us and use this as a fresh start." Harry nodded as he turned towards Mal. "Hello to ye too lass. Ye don't seem to thrilled to see me." She only scowled as she let her gaze meet his. "Maybe it's because I have no reason to trust you." She snapped. Harry's expression turned serious as he looked between the two people in front of him.
      "Darlin' I let them bring me here in handcuffs. Ye know better than most that I don't like being restrained. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't serious and didn't want your trust." A look of recognition flashed across Mal's face as she took in what Harry had said. "You remember don't ye?" He asked. Mal sighed as she nodded. "Of course I remember Harry. It was your biggest secret and you entrusted me with it."
     Ben looked between the two with a look of confusion on his face. "What are you both talking about?" Mal took a deep breath as she turned her gaze from Harry to Ben. "Ben, Harry and I... we used to date on the Isle. During that time he shared his biggest secret with me. But I promise, our relationship ended long before I came here." Ben intertwined his fingers with Mal's as he faced her. "It's ok Mal, I believe you. Now, let's get back to the task at hand. Harry, what exactly would you like me to do?"
     Harry shifted in his seat as he turned to face Ben. "I want Uma, Gil, and I to be brought to Auradon to attend Auradon Prep. Once we arrive I want medical care to be provided for Uma and the baby. Gil and I will room together and Uma will get a room of her own so she will have space for the baby and myself, since I will be helping her. That's all I'm asking for." Ben nodded as he finished writing down Harry's demands.
      "Very well, these seem like reasonable requests. I will make sure everything is ready for your arrival. You'll be ready to come by 10am tomorrow morning, yes?" Harry smiled as he nodded. "We'll be ready. Pirate's honor." Ben nodded. "Very well, I'll have the guards take you back to the Isle to prepare for tomorrow." Harry nodded as the guards helped him up and escorted him out.
     Once they were out of sight Ben got up to stretch his legs. As he made his way around the desk he noticed a small box laying in the chair Harry had just occupied. "Looks like Harry left us a parting gift." Ben laughed as he picked up the box. He carefully opened the box and was surprised to see it was a positive pregnancy test. Seeing Ben's surprised expression Mal made her way over to him. "What is it?" She asked. Ben held up the test so Mal could see it. "I guess he brought proof in case we didn't believe him."
     Ben tossed the items into the trash before coming over and moving a strand of hair out of Mal's face. "So what is Harry Hook's biggest secret?" She gave Ben a stern look as she crossed her arms. "I may not completely trust Harry, but I'm not going to rat out his biggest secret." Ben sighed before giving Mal an onry smirk. "Well then, I guess I won't be telling you the secret I've been keeping about Chad and Audrey."
     Mal's eyes widened as she stared at Ben in disbelief. "You've been keeping a secret?! Ben, as your Lady of the Court, I demand you spill it. Now!" Ben laughed as he shook his head. "No way. Not unless you spill first, King's orders." She sighed as she plopped down in a nearby chair. "Fine, but if you tell anyone, Harry will be the least of your problems." Ben nodded as he sat down next to her. "I promise my lips are sealed."
     Mal took a deep breath. "When Harry was younger and his dad would get mad at him, he would tie Harry up and hang him off the plank. Hook would keep him like that until he begged and screamed so much he'd go hoarse. Sometimes, he'd even tell Harry that he'd feed him to Tic Toc." Ben's face was shrouded in shock. "I had no idea the villians treated their kids so poorly. No wonder he hates being restrained. You guys really do have it rough on the Isle, don't you?" Mal nodded. "Yeah, it's tough sometimes but we survive. Now what's this secret about Chad and Audrey?"
      Ben chuckled. "Fine, but you have to promise to keep your lips sealed too." Mal rolled her eyes. "I promise, now spill it Benny Boo." She teased. He laughed as he began to speak, "Well, to start Chad and Audrey never broke up." Her eyes widened as she stared at Ben in disbelief. "What? Then why did Chad say they did and was moping around the last half of the school year?"
     Ben took a deep breath. "Chad only said they broke up as an excuse to mope around. The real reason he was moping was because Audrey's parents sent her to stay at their summer cottage in Sherwood forest with Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather because he got her pregnant. Mal looked at him in complete shock. "Chad got Audrey pregnant?!" Ben nodded. "Yeah and the evening of cotillion when he told everyone Audrey called him to come fix her car was actually another cover up. The truth is Audrey was in labor at Sherwood Medical Center and called to let him know so he could be there for the birth." Mal furrowed her brow in confusion. "But cotillion was only six months after coronation. Pregnancies last nine months, at least that's what Mama Odie said in health class. So how is that possible?"
     Ben sighed. "The baby came three months early. He's two months old now and they said he will be able to leave the hospital soon. His name is Conner Stephen Charming. I'm also the godfather." Ben said sheepishly. Mal's eyes widened. "Three months? That's really early. I'm glad their son is ok though, even if his parents have been jerks. Also, Godfather?!" Ben chuckled. "Yes, godfather. Chad may be a selfish jerk and Audrey may be a bit stuck up but we've been friends since preschool. I couldn't say no."
     Mal smiled as she placed a kiss on his cheek. "You have the biggest heart out of anyone I have ever met. Little Conner is lucky to have an amazing godfather like you. Now, it's getting late and I need to get back to campus before I have to listen to Fairy Godmother's speech on curfews." Ben laughed as he pulled Mal into a gentle kiss. "Alright, good night Beautiful." "Good night Ben," she said sweetly before letting herself out of his office. Ben sighed as he sat down at his desk. He had alot to prepare before tomorrow.

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter took so long it is double the length of my other chapters because I wanted to include a lot of important content in it. I hope you enjoyed it. The next chapter will be coming soon. Evil dreams.

                            -Meloetta246