thirty-five

one year later

dowoon tugged on wonpils hand, the older giggling and tugging on the red scarf wrapped around his neck. "slow down dowoonie."

"i can't i'm so excited to jae and younghyun! i can't believe they're back so early." dowoon excitedly spat out trying to contain the speed that was tempted to jump from his body.

when they made it to the airport jae was pacing and his hands were shaking in front of his face, while younghyun was ugly laughing next to his boyfriend.

before a few seconds could pass jae busted out laughing. "i like to imagine that's how he looked. i wish we could've been there, now i feel bad."

"jaehyungparkian, this way please," dowoon told the two, smirking as younghyun cringed at the name jae came up with.

"never again."

the couples made it to a small cafe near the apartment complex all of them stayed at.

"so how was america?" wonpil asked, getting cream on his nose from the hot chocolate in front of him. he was plain out adorable and dowoon snapped the cutest picture he'd ever seen in his life.

"fine up until the point where jaes friend, byron, started yelling twice lyrics at two in the morning." younghyun laughed at the thought, shaking his head lightly.

"but we were all drunk. at least you didn't have to attempt going to sleep next to your boyfriend who mumbled about wanting to-"

"OKAY," younghyun intervened, covering his bright red face.

"anywho," wonpil said attempting a subject change. "sungjin said that your apartment is clean, but you owe him big time. what the hell did it look like before he took time on it?" wonpil asked dumbfounded.

sungjin was never the type of person to say 'you owe me big time' so wonpils curiosity perked up at that.

"it was bad. honestly i expected sungjin to say fuck it, but its sungjin." jae shrugged. "well im kind of tired so i think me and younghyun will go home and sleep."

wonpil looked around, basking in the nice aroma of the small shop. this is where dowoon first asked him out.

he felt warm here. like nothing could hurt him. that's how he felt with dowoon, safe.

"you're the new beginning to my old end." wonpil whispered, hugging dowoons side while laying his head on the boys shoulder.

~end~
if you're reading this I LOVE YOU

honestly this story started as a draft with an angsty storyline but seeing people enjoy it made it so much more

thank you❤️