"I wish you could help, too." He hesitates or another second before speaking again. "What do you need? They feed you yet?"

"You're the good cop now?" Sam's voice is sarcastic as he speaks to Tony.

"I'm just the guy who needs to know where Steve went."

"Well, you better go get a bad cop, because you're gonna have to go Mark Fuhrman on my ass to get information out of me." Sam finally comes into my line of sight as he moves towards the center of the cell and I watch Tony press a few buttons on his watch before speaking again.

"Oh, I just knocked the 'A' out of their 'AV'. We got about 30 seconds before they realize it's not their equipment." Sam looks around his cell. "Just look, because that is the fellow who was supposed to interrogate Barnes." Tony turns slightly so I can see the picture of the dead doctor. "Clearly, I made a mistake. Sam, Riley," He glances at me briefly. "I was wrong."

"That's a first." I send Sam a quick glare, begging him to ease up on Tony, who I'm sure is feeling extremely guilty.

"Cap is definitely off the reservation but he's about to need all the help he can get. We don't know each other very well. You don't have to..."

"It's alright." Sam cuts off Tony's rambling, finally losing his sarcastic tone. There's a long pause before he continues. "Look, I'll tell you, but you have to go alone, and as a friend."

"Well, I won't be alone." Sam opens his mouth to speak before Tony cuts him off. "I'm getting Riley out. I'm going to tell them that she's going to help Rhodes," He turns towards me, "Which you will be, but I might also have her tag along." Sam nods his head in approval.

"Keep him in check, Riley."

>.<

"I cannot believe Ross actually let you take me." I hold my hands out in front of me so Tony can unlock the handcuffs everyone insisted I keep on at all times. Getting Tony and I alone in the helicopter took a good 15 minutes alone.

"Your powers are incredibly useful to everyone, and with Rhodey injured, I had an extremely viable and personal excuse to get you out." Tony takes his sling off and I reach out towards his wrist, quickly healing the slight sprain.

"How'd you find out it wasn't Bucky?"

"FRIDAY found some information on the murder of the doctor who was supposed to interview Barnes, and I finally got around to reading that notebook of yours." I look up into his eyes and take a deep breath. "First of all, it was definitely not me who taught you to trust the most dangerous assassin after three minutes of knowing him, so I don't even want to know what other stuff Steve put into that head of yours. But also, Barnes isn't who I made him out to be, and I'm sorry."

"It took you long enough to read that thing, Tony." He rolls his eyes but I just smile. "And it's not me you should be apologizing to. I understand why you did what you did. You thought you were doing what was right, but you were wrong. And I want to hear you say that, please?"

"Say what, exactly?"

"I want you to say, 'Riley, you were right, and I, the Tony Stark, was wrong.'" I lower my voice to imitate his and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Riley," I lift my eyebrows as if I don't know what he's about to say. "You're a smartass, but you were right, and I, the Tony Stark, was wrong." I smile up at him.

"Okay we're good. How are we getting to Siberia?"

"I hope you're comfortable using one of my suits." My eyes go wide.

"Um, of course I am?"

"Press this button." He motions towards one of two buttons near what looks like it should be a cup holder. "I'll press the other one right after you."

"Oh my god, this is awesome." I take a deep breath as I press my finger down on the button. Immediately, one of Tony's suits begins forming around my finger first before making its way up my arm. The rest of the suit forms around my body in the seat before the seat leans backwards and I fall out into the wind and rain.

>.<

A/N

I'm so sorry for the incredibly late update. I got super busy with work and then school started last week and I've been busy practically 24/7 the last few weeks. Also, this chapter is pretty crappy but we've got lots of action coming up next so be prepared.

I have a pretty cool announcement, though! Over on h0nestIy you can find a book filled with underappreciated authors here on wattpad. I think it's a really amazing idea and she chose me as one of the authors, and I'll hopefully be helping out with updates sometimes, so go check it out!

Question of the week:

What's your favorite thing about school starting up again?

Honestly, I always dread school because getting up early and doing hours of homework everyday is not appealing or fun in any way, shape, or form, but I do enjoy seeing my friends everyday and being in some classes that I actually find interesting, which I finally have this year!

We've only got one more chapter and an epilogue left in this book, but don't worry, I have about half the third book planned out already, I just have to start writing it.

I hope everyone has an amazing week!