The house was quiet, too quiet. Gracie's soft snoring in the living room was the only thing in the house that had some noise. I turned on some music and walked around the house. I sighed, pulling out my phone and calling Aaron. “Hey Zak!” Aaron smiled into the phone, “What's up?”

“The usual, boredom.” I laughed, “You and Billy want to come out and go swimming or something? I'm too bored for life.” Aaron laughed at me.

“Yeah, I’ll pick him up against his will. Be there in twenty.” Aaron smiled.

“Great. See you soon.” I said. I hung up, scrolled down twitter for a little bit, switching back and forth from Facebook, to Instagram, back to twitter, I could safely say that I had never been this bored in my entire life. I walked to the kitchen, surfing through my cupboards. Of course, there was nothing there. I hadn't been home in a while so the only things left in my pantry was a canister of peanuts (Marilyn's) and a bottle of flat Mountain Dew (also Marilyn's). There was a few apples in the bottom of the fridge, and I pulled one out, happily chomping on one. I whistled for Gracie.

“C'mon girl, lets go outside.” I called. Gracie trotted under my feet as I walked down the stairs, pulling open the glass doors that lead outside. I sat in a chair under the shade as Gracie waded out to the shallow end of the pond. I loved it out here, the wind chimes chirping and the hot Vegas sun shining down. It didn't get much better than this honestly, well, unless Marilyn was here. Then it'd be a lot better.

Gracie splashed the rocks around the pool as the front door slammed shut, and Aarons voice called through the house. “Zak? Ya here?”

“Outside!” I called back, almost having to scream – knowing that this house was almost sound proof from outside. After a few moments, Aaron appeared at the glass door, Billy trotting behind him. “Hey,” I greeted, “Thanks for coming out! It was way to quiet for me.”

“I thought you liked the quiet.” Aaron teased.

“Of course, but ya' know.” I shrugged, and didn't say anything for a moment, watching Gracie – her free spirit playing in the pond without a care. I wish I could be like that, but the way my life has been lately, I know it couldn't possibly ever be like that. “Sit down guys.” I waved to the chairs that were in front of me, and the boys had a look of concern on their faces, before sitting down.

“What's wrong?” Billy questioned, leaning forward in his chair, crossing his arms like a concerned father.

“You know how Marilyn passed out and disappeared in a coma for a few weeks. So, I decided to nose around her house..” I said.

“NO!” Aaron gasped, like he was a teenage girl.

“Yeah,” I continued, “Anyways, I took some devices with me to talk to the spirits, some weird shit happened, man. But, we need to do a full investigation over there. Not some petty, lets go in with a SP7 and think we are going to get some Class A answers, no we need all our equipment, cameras. I want this to be a real lockdown.” Billy stared at me, as if I was crazy.

“What?” Billy questioned, “You want to do a lockdown of Marilyn’s house?”

“Yeah.” I said.

“You're insane.” Aaron replied, “Not only would that put Marilyn in more danger at home than what she already is, but that would put us in danger too, Zak. These spirits are capable of insane things, and you're willing to put yourself in the middle of it and put your wife in danger?”

“I BRING HER HERE!” I yelled, fuming. “I bring her to this hell house, and she's fine. Spirits there are worse! We need to do something about it!”

“OR we can just get her out of the house and move her out here.” Billy offered.

“And let another individual live in the house with spirits like that? Those spirits are totally crazy, Billy. We have to get rid of them.” I said.

“THAT'S NOT OUR JOB.” Aaron argued, “Our job is to communicate with them, not to rid them. Pastors, preachers, demonologists, they specialize in this stuff, we don't. So if you keep acting like you don't know what the hell is going on and you think the only way to help Marilyn is to go do a lockdown you're dead stupid. And I won't be part of it.” Aaron stood up, obviously angry by not only me – but everyone around him.

I stood up, grabbing a hold of Aarons shirt while he tried to escape through the glass doors. “Aaron, please.” I begged, “You love her too. We all love her, she's part of this family that travels with us around the world while we do what we love. While we talk to the past and learn about the present. We need her on this team and if the only way to keep her safe is to do a lockdown in a place that's more demonic than Bobby Mackey's – I'm willing to put myself in that position and let the evil take ahold of me than to let it hurt Marilyn one more time.” I swallowed, and let it sink in Aarons mind for a moment, “Will you please help me?”

Aaron sighed, and luckily, he whispered, “Okay. But if any crazy shit happens, I'm out.”

I laughed whole heartedly, “I figured as much. Thanks though, I couldn't ask for better investigators than you.”

“You have us set,” Billy smiled, “But the thing is, getting the channel to let you film it.” I nodded slowly.

“But if we explain the situation-”

“The channel doesn't care about our situation.” Billy interrupted, “They care only about getting a good show out to their viewers.”

“Then we don't put it on the show.” I said. Billy sighed, and shook his head. “We leave tomorrow. I'm putting this shit to an end once and for all.”

-

**AARON POV**

--later that night--

This is stupid. The house was playing techno music, and I was packing for this stupid trip to Pennsylvania. I don't see why Billy and I have to trail along on Zak's stupid adventure to save his girlfriend. I means, it is HIS girlfriend, why do we have to tag alone, Can't he just do it himself?

Of course not. It's all about Zak all the damn time. On the show, in life. He calls the shots, and to be honest it's annoying as hell.

I just wish there was some way that I could show him that he wasn't in charge. But there wasn't, there was a reason why the channel only listened to him over 90% of the time, and Nick and I never put our input in.

I let out a sigh, zipping up the duffle bag and shaking my head. I looked over at my computer screen, the background illuminating the picture of the crew. Jay, Ashley, Nick, Me, Billy, Zak and Marilyn. I lingered my eyes over Marilyn for a few extra minutes.

Then, gritted my teeth.

I wasn't going for Zak. I was the hero this time, Zak isn't going to do anything about it either. 

All I Did Was Help (Zak Bagans Romance) Sequel to "I'm Just Trying To Help".जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें