Prologue

"I thought you said you weren't coming..."

You turned around with surprise as Harry stood behind you dressed in a suit, his hair made into a messy do.

He held a water bottle in his hand, his ring finger clanking against it every second.

"I didn't come for you." You sighed, setting your glass of wine down beside the sink.

"You came for him?" He asked, his voice sounded disappointed but you could hear how hard he tried to mask it.

"He's my husband, Harry." You tell him, your voice soft.

He nodded to you as his eyes were now fixated on the checkered floor. His black leather shoes shined with polish, and it seemed he was in a trance with them almost until a few moments later when he spoke.

"Are you happy?" His eyes squinted into slits. You could hear the unsteadiness in his voice, like it was about to crack. He sounded mad and heartbroken.

"I'm happy that I'm married, yes." You nodded. You could hear people talk as they passed the kitchen.

"With him. Are you happy with him?" he took a step closer, the distance between you closing.

At his words you shook your head. "...ridiculous..." You muttered under your breath.

You turned to walk away from him, to leave this conversation before he makes you tell the truth. Before he makes you do something unfaithful.

Harry caught your wrist with his hand, a jolt of electricity spiraling through your body at his warm touch. You couldnt help but get goosebumps all over your arms and up your dress.

"When can we talk about what happened?" He asked you. "What did I do? Why can't you talk about it?"

"You didn't do anything." You slipped your hand out of his grasp with ease.

"Then I demand an explanation why you left me," there it is.

The crack.

The breaking of his deep, honey silked voice.

The pain.

"Harry, not now." You looked away biting your lip, praying that no one is hearing.

He suddenly held your hand and led you to the walk in pantry, closing the door behind the both of you.

"Is now fine?" He asked, you could tell he was beginning to get angry. "Since you're so scared of people seeing us talk together or to even be seen together." 

"Stop," you whimpered out.

"Stop what?" You could feel his hot breath hit your skin in the small space. "You left me alone and confused." You could see his eyes water and you felt your stomach flip.

"You know how it feels to be alienated by the one you love? To know that you read every single one of my messages but never responded? I knew that every time I dialed your number and it rang, you just watched it ring. You listened to all my voicemails, but gave me nothing back in return." He seethed.

By now you could feel the tears dripping steadily down your face. The ball in your throat stinging to an extent.

"I'm fucking confused, Y/N!" he tried with all his power to keep from yelling. "We loved each other...with everything." His voice got an octave lower.

"Harry.." you cried, you didn't know what to say.

"We had planned a future. To have our own place, to be together until the end, to have a family." He grabbed your chin so that you were looking at him.

"And now you want all that with another man? Is that true? You wanted to throw all of our trust, our hard work, our promises, you wanted to throw all of that away? For a rich man?" He wasn't skeptical anymore. His voice was low, and you could tell he was disappointed as ever.

"That's not it, Harry, you know it isn't." You cried.

"I really don't know anything, Y/N." he shook his head, wiping his eyes. "I don't even know you anymore."