When Loki Gets Protective

My head reels back and my cheek stings. I can feel hot tears prick my eyes.

"You're worthless! You hear me? Worthless!" My father shouts, his words slurring yet still painful. He takes another swig of his beer.

"You're a mistake." He mumbles before wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. I stay standing where I am, a hand covering my cheek.

My father generally isn't like this. When he gets drunk he generally just shouts abuse but there are times he becomes violent. Unfortunately, this is one of those times. He curses and takes another swig, stumbling round the living room, blaming me for everything. I hear footsteps in the hall and I turn to look out but my father has somehow managed to stumble in front of me and he hits me again. And again. And again.

"STOP IT! LEAVE HER ALONE!" I hear a familiar voice bellow. I don't see him come in but I know at once, it's Loki. My cheeks burn and I feel dizzy, black spots cloud my vision but I can see Loki beating my father.

"Loki stop!" I whimper,"Stop!" I repeat, louder this time.

After one last blow at my father, he turns to me, his face grim with worry.

"Oh Y/N," he whispers brushing a strand of hair gently away from my eye, "What has he done?" I wince a little at his touch, and he immediately pulls his hand away from my cheek and holds my hand instead.

"Let's get you somewhere safe." He says as he leads me out the door.

"Thank you Loki." I manage, my lip feels swollen. He manages a weak smile. "It was the least I could do."

For a while we walk in silence down the street and to the hospital nearby.

As my wounds get dressed he holds my hand, supporting me with his company rather than words.

"No monster such as he deserves a daughter such as you." He mumbles. If my cheek wasn't still sore, I'd smile at him, maybe even kiss him. But all I can do is just let his arms enfold me as I fall into the comfort of sleep.