The fastest

Bandana's POV
Finally it was the first day.

I had Sport in the morning and apparently the guys were going to be coached by Rahul Dravid and the girls had a female teacher.

We girls went to ground but there was nobody there. A teacher came to us and told us that our Sport teacher was on maternity leave.

We looked at each other.

"Dravid Sir se baat kare? Ab itna time bina teacher ke kese rahenge? Kya pata wahi coach karde" I said, the girls agreed with me and we left for Boys' Sports Ground.

Dravid Sir was standing in front of the boys, talking to them about something.

We went there and called him, he turned.

"Yes, how can I help?" He asked politely. I was just looking at him, The Rahul Dravid was standing in front of me.

A girl nudged me, "Sir...Sir woh..." I said.

I took a deep breath. "Sir actually our Sports teacher is on maternity leave" I said, "and?" He asked, "and...basically can you coach us?" I said, "please??" I finished.

He turned towards the boys, "boys listen up!! 30 minutes jog, come on!!" He said. They started jogging.

"Come with me" He said and took us towards the pavillion.

"Dekho I can understand, lekin mera timetable already full hai" He said, "Sir we'll train with the boys" A girl from our squad said.

Wait. What the hell!?

"You'll train with the boys, but will the boys train with you?" He asked, which kind of hurt me.

"I'll get straight to the point. Esa nhi hai ke I don't support girls in sports, but biologically tum log ladko se weak ho" He said.

"Sir strength aur endurance ka kya hai, we'll hit the gym aur ham ladko ke barabar ho jaenge" I said, he looked at me with a serious face.

Shoot.

That's it.

I'm gone.

"15 mins. Uske baad tum sab trials dogi. Ek over batting aur ek over bowling" He said and left.

"Kisne kaha tha ladko ke saath khelenge ham?" I asked gritting my teeth.

No one replied. Fantastic.

There was no other option, we had to do it. We did some warm up and were kind of ready for trials.

Dravid Sir came to us and handed the ball to a girl.

"Manjot subhah se boht phudak raha tha, usko hi batting deta hu" He said and called a guy.

I looked at the batsman. I smiled instantly, he was the hot guy from yesterday.

That smile vanished after a second when I noticed his body type. "He's gonna smash every ball for a six" I whispered to the girl standing next to me, who was already scared.

Manjot started padding up.

"Hey" He said, I looked at him. "Hi" I said with a smile. He's so sweet, must have called me to wish me luck.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" He asked, "do...what?" I asked. "Yeh sab, hamare saath khelna" He said.

"Haan, why?" I asked, "ab dekho, hamare fastest bowler Nagarkoti ki fastest ball 149 kph hai...aur tum ladkia..." He said and stopped.

"Women's fastest bowling speed 125 kph thi" I said, "there you go" He said and stood up.

"All the best, bas injured mat hona, boht dukh hoga" He said with a smile and turned to leave.

"Wait" I said, "yeh to nhi pata me bowling kese karungi, tumhare Nagarkoti ki fastest bowling speed ke aas paas houngi bhi ya nhi, but I promise you, tumhe bowled out to me hi karungi" I said confidently.

"Confidence is good, over-confidence is never good" He said, I nodded. "All the best" I said, he smiled and left.