s t a r s

It was a cool October night in Derry. Most people were asleep or relaxing in bed by now, there were barely any lights on among the streets. All people except two teenage boys, Richie Tozier and Eddie Kaspbrak, who were best friends if not more. The two sat on the roof of Sonia Kaspbraks, Eddies mom, house. Of course she didn't know about them on the roof, she would have an aneurysm if she figured out her baby was up there with Richie, the towns most rebellious kid. They were just silently enjoying each other's company.

Eddie sat with his knees up to his chest, hugging them tightly. And Richie was leaning back on his hands with his feet crossed.

"You know what Eds?" Richie finally spoke as he looked up at the gorgeous dark blue sky, scattered with little tiny dots.

Eddie rolled his eyes.

"Don't call me that," the shorter boy huffed, rubbing his bare legs. Tonight wasn't the right time to be wearing shorts.

"The stars are really beautiful," Richie said, "You-"

"They're just giant balls of gas," Eddie interrupted smugly. Richie sighed heavily and he looked over at his best friend. Scratch that. His crush.

"You know what? If you're just going to ruin this then I-" he was interrupted yet again.

"Yet none of them are as huge as my love for you." Eddie looked back over at Richie, smiling as he saw his face turn bright red. He loved when he could make Richie flustered, it wasn't often.

"Oh.." Richie looked down to hide his blushed cheeks, but Eddie grabbed his chin to make him look at him.

"I love you, Trashmouth." The asthmatic boy smiled again, and gave Richie a kiss.

"I love you too, Eddie Spaghetti." He pulled Eddie in for neither kiss, this one with so much more love. And for once, Eddie didn't care about the nicknames. All he cared about was this kiss, their first kiss, and Richie. His Richie.

THIS IS SO OVERDUE IM SORRY. I'm back now guys!! I've missed you all so much tbh. I've been very busy 😂 I know excuses excuses.

I've started a new book (again)! It's called Band-Aid. It's about Richie thinking he needs to shut up, so he kinda stops talking. And not long before all that, Eddie moves to Derry. Then Eddie starts noticing how Richie's behavior is changing and all he wants to do is make Richie happy.

Anyway,,, Thanks so much for reading!!! I'll be trying to post more from now on. Again, thank you!

- Brooke 💙

Word Count: 431