The One Where Rachel Marries Barry

•RACHEL'S POV•

I was looking at this gravy boat amongst the gifts and realised that this was more attractive than Barry ever was, and maybe I loved it even more than him. Maybe I was just over thinking it. Maybe it was just the nervousness that I was getting married today. Oh my god I'm getting married today! But there's nothing I could do right now.

I gripped onto my fathers arm tightly and started walking down the aisle. I plastered a fake smile across my face as all eyes fell on me. A thousand thoughts stormed through my mind. Why am I doing this? Who am I doing this for? Is this the right thing for me right now. There was no turning back now. I could see Barry nervously smile at me as I approached him. There was a hint of guilt in his eyes but I couldn't pay attention to that right now.

This was it. Today's my wedding day. The day every girl dreams and plans ever since she's 12.

I let go of my dad and walked toward Barry. I stood in front of him. I felt butterflies in my stomach. It was like I knew the whole wedding sequence except now I didn't know what was going to happen next.

The priest started talking 'Dearly beloved, we're gathered here today on the joyous occasion of the holy matrimony of Rachel and Barry...." He continued talking but the only thing I could pay attention to was how nervous Barry looked. "Are you okay?" I mouthed to him. He nodded , as though he was not only assuring me of his well being but also himself.

Suddenly my attention snapped back to the priest. He said "Do you Barry Farber take Rachel Green to be your lawfully wedded wife?". " I do", said Barry looking at me with the biggest smile ever. The priest was now looking at me. I was scared. He said "Do you Rachel Green take Barry Farber to be your lawfully wedded husband?". I froze. I now knew that this wasn't the right thing for me. "Umm... I..I d-", I stuttered.Now everyone's faces changed. "I do", I said. Everyone seemed relieved. "I now pronounce you husband and wife", the priest said with a sigh of relief. "You may now kiss the bride." Barry edged closer towards me and gently placed his lips on mine. Everyone started cheering and clapping. I was suddenly relived it was like a big weight had been lifted off my shoulders.
_________________<>_________________
I had just entered the ballroom. I saw Barry at the other end of the room talking to his best man with the biggest smile ever. I was very happy for him. Everyone seemed very happy. All of them with a glass of champagne in their hands. I looked at the time and it was only 7:00 pm. There was a lot of time left for the party to get over. I was just about to ask my Mindy, my maid of honour, if everything was going according to the schedule when Barry came and gave me a great big hug. His warmth gave me a sense of comfort and I was glad to have him by my side.

Right at this moment an elderly couple came up to us introducing themselves time as Barry's great uncle and aunt. They started talking about philosophical things and the future and something about how Barry and I would be a happily married couple who'll stand by each others side forever and have a nice family. That's when it struck me. I'll be with Barry for the rest of my life.  I suddenly felt very nauseous. I ran as fast as I could to the washroom. Barry was right behind me. I could hear him scream "Rach! Rachel!". Mindy and my mom and dad were also behind me and followed me till the washroom. I didn't actually throw up , but I felt sick. I didn't want to go back out there. I didn't want to be married to Barry. All of them were knocking on the door. "Rachel, Rachel are you ok?", said several concerned voices outside the door. I had to get out of here, and I had to get out soon. I saw the bathroom window. That had to be my way out.

I cranked open the window. And tried to get out as swiftly as possible. Much to my luck it was raining. I walked aimlessly for a while till I saw a decent cafe called Central Perk at a curb. I remembered, that my high school best friend, Monica lives somewhere here and I was hoping to bump into her. As soon as I entered I saw approached the coffee guy. He had hair as bright and yellow as the sun, though not much of it. His name tag read 'Gunther'. I was about to ask him if he knew where Monica would be, when someone tapped me on the shoulder and a familiar voice said "Rachel?"

Hi guy! So that was my first chapter and I hope all of y'all like it! I know it's very short but I'm hoping that my future chapters will be longer! It was super fun for me and I can't wait to write more

Hi guy! So that was my first chapter and I hope all of y'all like it! I know it's very short but I'm hoping that my future chapters will be longer! It was super fun for me and I can't wait to write more. I think we all now what's going to happen next. Or do we😏
Anyway, please tell me what you guys think in the comments and please vote for my story it'll mean a lot to me!
Also, if you guys have any suggestions as to how the story can continue please let me know in the comments!
Cheers,
Lola