Chapter 42: Never Say Die

Začít od začátku

Lyla Rose

---

You've been one brave girl." Hershel smiled as I hugged him.

"I took your advice. I used all of the Doctor pointers. I saved a few people, even saved myself before." I smiled proudly to him.

"So I've heard." He chuckled lightly. "I'm proud. I know your parents are." He said as I smiled to them and they nodded.

"I've been waitin to see you, Lyla. You should know it's not your fault what happened to me." Beth smiled as she held one of my hands, Andre was now back with Andrea.

"But I could've said something." I shook my head lightly.

"There was nothin you could do. It's okay now though. It's better here." She smiled to me.

I nodded lightly.

---

Maggie,

I wish the best for you. We are a lot alike and we missed a lot of the same people. Now you have another person to love growing in you and I couldn't be happier. This note is to tell you to keep fighting for that little baby. Maybe even name it after me if you're feeling like it. Thank you for being my friend. I'll be sure to watch over Beth and Hershel wherever we are.

Lyla Rose

Glenn,

Thank you for being a good person. That's all I can think right now. You always do what's right and I know you'll keep doing that. I'd say take care of Maggie but I know you will. I wrote in Maggie's note to maybe name the little baby after me. I hope you take it into consideration. It's not everyday that you get the opportunity to name someone after a great brave hero. Stay safe.

Lyla Rose

---

"So you finally made it huh?" Tyresse smiled to me. "It's been a while."

"It has hasn't it?" I asked smiling. "You look happy."

"It's better here. Of course I'm happy. I want to be there for Sasha but I know she'll make it far." He nodded looking to me.

"And Ms. Carol." Mika said coming from behind him, her hand looked with Izzies.

"We know she's been strong." Izzie nodded.

"She has." I smiled. "She misses you both I'm sure."

I was no longer scared of the older sister. I wasn't scared of anything really. I was just calm which surprised me.

---

Carol,

You've saved my life. Judith's too. You've protected me even when we weren't side by side and that's something that I will never forget. I know you've been through hell and back but no matter you are brave and I want you to know that I hope it stays that way. Thank you for everything.

Lyla Rose

Sasha,

You're brother saved me and I know you've been through too much, but I want to tell you to keep fighting. Keep fighting because you are one of the bravest people I know and I know you will stay that way. You'll do a lot for the group, I know it.

Lyla Rose

---

"You put up a hell of a good fight." Noah smiled walking over to me, his limp gone.

"Did you expect any less?" I asked with a smile as we both chuckled.

"Glad you joined us. We've been waiting like Beth said." He nodded lightly.

"Well here I am." I smiled.

---

Enid,

You've been my first teen friend. Yeah maybe you weren't the best one, but you still were good to me. I know you really don't have much of a major place but I know you will find it. You're stubborn and I know that will get you to where you are meant to be. Keep being tough, it works for you.

Lyla Rose

Denise and Tara,

Thank you for helping me when I didn't know who else to ask. It means the world to me that you did. Tara, I know we came to a rough start but you did what you needed to and now you are brave. Denise, you will be great here. Everyone will look to you now and with the notes I hope that you'll find it easier to protect everyone. Both of you should know that you are strong enough to help the others. Let them know that too. You have a place and you should live up to it.

Lyla Rose

---

"Thank you." I heard as I turned around. "You made him fight and you protected him just like I asked." Carl's mother smiled to me. "Thank you."

"It was him. He knew what he needed to do." I explained.

"But you helped him get there and that means the world to me." She nodded lightly. "And you protected Judith despite how worse it could be for her." She shook her head lightly. "You truly are an amazing fighter. I can see why he picked you."

I smiled to the brown haired woman. "Thank you."

---

Carl,

I bet you didn't really expect a note right? I wasn't sure what to write at first. Too much comes to mind you know? If anything I want you to know I love you. I know you'll make it far, sheriff. I want you to know that you protected me. You can't blame yourself for what happened to me. I won't let you. It wasn't your fault and you need to know that and accept it. Keep fighting for everyone. For Judith, your Dad, Michonne, and me. I know you're sad about what happened. I want you to know that I'm somewhere better. I'm happy and I'm safe. I'm not in pain. There's only one thing I want you to do. It's something I lived by and you should too.

Never say die Carl.

We don't die, we move on. We become our better selves and we live. We live for ourselves, for who we love, and for the people who can't do it for themselves. We live to find peace with ourselves and to know what we are worth. You are worth everything to me, and you always will be. Remember that you are a fighter. Fight until you can't anymore. Be strong.

Love,
Lyla Rose

---

The End.