just kiss me

Snow poured onto the streets of Queens that Christmas Eve

   Snow poured onto the streets of Queens that Christmas Eve. I was carrying a container full of my mom's famous Christmas tree sugar cookies, pre decorated. She knew Peter loved icing and extra sprinkles on his cookies. Well, only because I told her. It's like he's her son or something, and I'm just someone that leeches off of her for a place to sleep and eat.

    Peter had invited me, Ned, and MJ over to hang out on Christmas Eve. He told us we were gonna watch Christmas movies, eat, and exchange presents. I'd been short on cash since my job had been cutting my hours, but I had some money in savings to get something nice for all three of them. Working at Foot Locker had its perks, since I got half off MJ's present, but I openly hated it.

    When I got to Peter's apartment, I buzzed in. "Hey! I'm opening the door." I heard Peter's voice through the intercom.

    I took the elevator up to his floor and knocked on his apartment door. My hair was covered with snow, my shoes were a little wet from the slush, and I was shivering in my boots, but I was happy to be here.

    The door swung open a couple seconds later. Peter was standing in front of me wearing black jeans, fuzzy socks with cats on them, and the ugliest sweater I'd ever seen in my life. It was a pungent yellow color with a large Christmas tree crocheted on the front. The tree also lit up. His hair was a little shaggy, the way it got when he got out of the shower and didn't fix it. I liked it that way.

    "Hey (Y/N)!" Peter exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. "Your hair's covered in snow." He laughed, dusting the snowflakes off my head. My heart skipped a beat. "Everyone's in the living room."

    I went inside, took my shoes off, and placed them over the vent on the floor so they would dry a little bit. I then went over to Peter's kitchen and set the cookies by all the other food. There were just little finger foods, but Aunt May had made her famous buffalo chicken dip, so I was excited. I could tell MJ brought the chips and drinks because they were off brand. She liked the taste better. Ned brought the spinach dip since he had a really good recipe. Peter made everything else, which included buffalo wings and potato skins. It was like we were having a Super Bowl party.

    "Your mom made the Christmas tree cookies?!" Peter came up behind me and said with a huge grin.

    I laughed. "Yeah, she knew how much you loved them. It's like you're her son or something."

    "I might as well be." Peter laughed, taking a cookie. That sentence shocked me a little bit. "Icing with extra sprinkles? Your mother is a goddess, tell her I said that."

    When I got a plate of food, we went into the living room. Ned was already in his pajamas, which were a pair of Christmas pajama pants and a Star Wars Christmas sweater. MJ sat in a chair beside the TV with her usual edgy look, not complete without the black combat boots and green military jacket. Elf was playing, and it had just started. It was my favorite Christmas movie.