Chapter 16: This Meant War

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Then what is it?" Hershel asked trying his best to be as friendly and understanding as possible.

"Michonne I want you to know that Penny my daughter was dead. I know that. Now I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to hurt anyone. I want the prison and that's it. There are people I want to keep alive. You three are gonna help me with that. No one needs to die." He said as I looked down.

It wasn't that easy. It was never that easy. That man in front of me was a monster. All of us knew that as soon as he didn't get his way he would start attacking.

"I'm gonna kill you." Michonne said looking to him. She told me this morning not to act on anger and here she was.

"No you won't." He responded with a sigh.

"I'm gonna take my-" Michonne started.

"Remember what you told me bout anger?" I asked looking at her. She glanced at me and kept quiet.

"You want the prison?" Hershel asked looking to the man as he leaned foreword a bit.

"Yes and I'll take it as peacefully as I can." He replied.

"Governor-"

"Don't call me that." He interrupted Hershel quicker then the speed of light.

"Your people, our people, we can find a way to live together. These people you need to keep alive, do you love them?" Hershel asked looking to him.

"You're a good man Hershel. Better than Rick." The governor said as he turned in his seat to face us more. He still wore that eyepatch on his small annoying face.

"Everything you've said, the way you've said it, you've changed. So has Rick." Hershel explained trying to convince him to talk it out.

The governor shot down the idea quick. Hershel kept trying but the governor wouldn't reason at all with him. Right before the governor walked out Hershel explained that he'd be threatening kids and his daughters if he did this and for a second I could've sworn I saw condolence. He left the trailer and I looked to Hershel.

"Is this another war?" I asked quietly in freight.

"I certainly hope not." He replied with a sigh. "We'll figure it out, we always do."

About an hour or so went by and they moved us to a car. As we were being moved I saw people. "Please. Don't." I said simply with a sadness in my voice. It was genuine. I was scared. I didn't know who would be killed for this and these people looked as clueless as Andrea did.

"Be quiet." The governor said as I got pushed into the car and we rode to the prison.

We eventually arrived and they all lined up the cars and the tank that they had. The governor got out of the car and stood on the tank. "Now." The governor said as a loud explosion went off and one of the outposts was demolished. I saw everyone running to the gate. Maggie, Beth, then Rick, Daryl and Carl. Then the others.

"Rick!" The governor yelled. "We need to talk."

I looked at Michonne. "I'm scared." I said quietly. "I'm actually scared." I said to clarify that I wasn't pretending.