Chapter 6: What an Asshole

Começar do início

I didn't even bother listening to their conversation. I didn't care. I was just pissed about how the kid was acting. I sat there for a while and I think I was the only one inside for a little bit, but whatever.

I hoped Michonne brought Andrea so we could all be safe together again. I like that more than whatever this was and a lot more than Woodbury. I heard the door open and I looked outside.

Carl came to the door and opened it. "She's outside still." He said as he let me go outside. I walked out and covered my eyes. I went out and saw her walking in.

"You're okay?" I asked walking to her. She nodded. "Where's Andrea?"

"She doesn't know about the governor. She's still there." Michonne answered.

"They have your sword? What's going on?" I asked confused.

"I stabbed the governor in the eye. They took it after I seperated from them. I don't think they'll let us stay." She explained looking to me.

"Okay." I nodded with a sigh.

"What did you find out here?" She asked my quietly.

"The people are nice. The boy is overly cautious, but I don't think they'll hurt us." I replied looking to her. "We should stay until they make us leave. They'll give us food and shelter."

She nodded once but I figured she just wanted to stay to get her sword back. After the small group that came in were practically running out. The Asian by was going with them to the gate. His eye was swollen and bruised and he was definitely beat up.

I knew the governor had something to do with it and it agitated me how he could hurt someone like him. But then again I could be wrong. The Asian man could be a complete ass.

The group left and not long after Michonne and I decided to go inside. We walked in and stayed inside. It didn't take long for them to decide we deserved our weapons back. They let me and Michonne bunk in the same room. I kept all of my stuff underneath the bed and we were safe.

I was finally allowed to roam freely per order of Hershel since Rick was seemingly out of it lately. I kept my distance. I didn't want to be near them. I had my knives back and my empty pistol.

"We need to find out where they came in from." Glenn said as he called everyone to the dining hall. I stood away next to Michonne. The only few places I knew of this place was the outside, in here, and the bunks so I didn't know much.

Glenn talked about how the other group got in and he wanted to fix things up. He drew a layout of the place on the floor with chalk. He was being super frantic about everything and eventually left because no one was on guard duty.

Soon after they decided to go search for the munchers. We waited for them to get back and stayed in the main room for a while. I got bored and wanted to do something else.

I walked outside and went into a guard tower. I looked around for a while at the prison and the woods. I saw Rick outside acting all crazy. He must've been going through hard times.

From being here I hadn't learned much. I didn't know who was the babies mom or who they had lost. I felt like Carol wasn't the mom or Beth but they didn't really talk about who.

I went down the tower and saw Glenn walking to the car. "Going by yourself?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Yeah." He answered as Carl unlocked the gate. "I'll go." I replied looking to him.

"No I'm fine. I-" Glenn started with agitation in his voice.

"I'll go." I said looking to him before getting in the other side. He was covered in blood- probably from the munchers on in the boiler room and he had a protective suit on too.

It was a quiet ride but I knew we were going to the other side of the prison to check it out. It looked like a decent amount of munchers coming in and out but mostly in.

"Damn it." Glenn said angrily as he turned the car around.

"It'll be okay. We'll figure it out." I answered looking to him. I wanted to tell him to calm down but I knew it would make him more angry. "We can take the slowly to make it safe."

"We don't have time to go slow." He responded looking at me.

"We'll make time. Right now you need to make sure everyone is dealing first." I talked why looking at the road. "If you get the people to-" I started before seeing a lot more munchers than normal walk up to the gate. There was a truck leaving and I looked inside.

The governor.

The prick had led them here and it looked like he did a lot of damage. We got closer in and I ran to open the gate. I opened it up killing a couple of walkers. I closed it and saw Axel dead on the ground. Glenn drove the truck to the side of the fence and I saw Michonne running to the car. I pulled out my other knife and stabbed the the two munchers near me. If I had'nt've sharpened them it would've been a lot harder. I ran towards the opening where the rest were. I heard the truck behind me rev up and I killed another that was blocking the way. I threw its limo body at another making it fall. I quickly ran in dodging one of the munchers and stayed out of the cars way.

When I got inside I tried to catch my breath. "Where the hell were you?" Michonne asked as she got out of the truck slamming the door.

"I went to check the prison perimeter with Glenn." I replied to her as she came over to me angry. I was still catching my breath at that point.

"Next time tell me. I don't need to be losing you too." Michonne said as I scrunched my eyebrows. Yeah we had been together for a few weeks but why did she care so much? She walked away and I finished catching my breath.

I turned around and saw Daryl with Merle. "Why is he here?" I asked looking at Rick.

"I don't know yet." Rick responded. "Let's go." He said as we went inside. He locked Merle in the cafeteria and the rest of us were by the bunkers.

We slept but I don't think any of us actually did much of it. Everyone was scared of the governor coming back. I sure as hell was. No point in denying that he was a dangerous and frightening asshole, rather than a plan one.

We woke up and everyone was getting ready for a fight. They all talked about wether to stay or go. We were staying but we were fighting. I sat on the floor in my cell and listened from the door as I sharpened the rest of my knives. I was in the cell right next to the cafeteria. Carl was standing by my door but I didn't pay him much mind.

Merle started talking and I wanted to just give him a paper cut. A real cut would be to good, but a paper cut? Even better. It would sting and you wouldn't even know why. He deserved that type of annoying pain.

What an asshole.