Follow You Into The Dark

Hayles POV

Taylor and I moved some boxes into his house. The boxes were pretty heavy, but we managed. We agreed to move into Taylor's house, so I was just getting my stuff at his (now our) place. I placed the final box on the floor and sighed with a smile.

"We're actually going to live together!" I smiled as Taylor wrapped his arm around me. "Now I don't have to be so worried..."

"Well I'll always be here for you." Taylor winked and kissed my forehead.

Taylor left to go to the bathroom, and I looked in the living room. I felt my eyes begin to water as I sat on the couch. Josh tied up Taylor here. He made his threats, and he hurt me. That was when Taylor was forced to stay away from me. I felt a hand on my shoulder as I turned around to see Taylor. His eyes grew soft and he must have read my mind.

"It's over now, Hayley..." He said in a warming tone.

"I know, but it still happened, Taylor. I don't know if I can carry this burden with me everywhere I go."

Taylor sighed and grabbed my hand. "Come on, I want to take you somewhere." He said.

I looked at Taylor with a puzzled expression. I sighed and stood up. We walked up to the car and Taylor started driving somewhere I didn't know. I stared out the window, and Taylor turned on the radio. The car was silent. I didn't exactly feel like talking. I couldn't ever grasp the fact of what Josh did to us. When he said he would ruin my relationship with Taylor if I didn't end Paramore, I didn't think he would actually try. The silence was broken when Taylor chuckled. I immediately recognized the song that turned on the radio, and Taylor started to sing. I was relaxed by his voice.

"Love of mine, someday you will die. But I'll be close behind. I'll follow you into the dark." He continued to sing. "No blinding lights or tunnels to gates of white. Just our hands clasped so tight. Waiting for the hint of spark."

His voice was so soothing, and Taylor was always nervous about singing to other people. I wondered why. I looked at him. He was so focused on the road, but he kept singing.

"If Heaven and Hell decide that they both are satisfied, illuminate the 'no's on their vacancy signs. If there's no one besides you when your soul embarks, then I'll follow you into the dark."

When the song ended, Taylor looked at me with kind eyes. He smiled and looked back at the road. "What are you looking at?"

"You." I stated.

He smiled and continued to talk. "I haven't heard that song in a long time."

"Me neither..." I responded. I felt a little more relaxed.

"I love you." He said. "and I'll follow you into this dark tunnel."

I bent over to give Taylor a kiss on the cheek. "I'll make sure you're following me first."

The rest of the drive was full of laughs and just everyday conversations. Now I just had to figure out were Taylor was taking me...

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Don't worry I'm alive.

~Winter

Breathe: Sequal to My Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें