14 | mine

My hands trembled as I hurried back into the house. The sound of my own footsteps echoed and I felt like I was going crazy. The pounding in my chest was loud enough to be heard from the outside. I rewind. Going directly to my office and I sat at the computer.

I typed into the search bar:

SHERILYN LAWRENCE

This is crazy. This hole thing is insane. I opened the book again to see her name on it once again verified my feelings all over again. This is insane.

It wasn't long before the computer showed me what I was looking for. A page appeared that showed Sherri and Warner at last years label review. Encased in a couple pages on her and her time with Warner Brothers. It was nothing.

I hit the back button scrolling through more of the result only to reveal the same thing. A whole bunch if nothing. Nothing about her personal life. Nothing about my girl.

So I moved on.

I swallowed and I typed the next named into the search bar.

HAZEL JAMESON

Skier.

Lawyer.

Doctor...

No, no, and no.

I tapped my pen on my desk as I tried to think. What did I have to give it for it to give me what I wanted?

I looked at the notebook again then back at the screen.

JAMESON PRINCE INTERVIEW

And there it was first page.

The Daily Journal:

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

PRINCE

paige jameson

Known around the world for his infamous Purple Rain, the legend, Prince, sits down with the Daily Journal to speak on music today, his album MUSICOLOGY, and the future

I flew out to Minnesota with jitters in my stomach, he agreed to the interview. The Prince we all know, the eccentric, erotic, purple one... was anything but when I pulled up to the estate. He was indeed larger than life while standing 5 foot 3. A white blouse with red cherries had let me in. The place was massive, much bigger than I remember. But all of that is besides the point.