Untitled Part 1

When I came to, I felt like someone had used me for batting practice. My mouth tasted like fire, and everything smelled like cigar smoke. I opened my eyes and saw a vampire's paradise.

The bed I was lying in had black silk sheets with a blood red canopy. There was an inky fire burning in the fireplace, and above it, hung what looked like a small flat screen TV, but at second glace, was in fact a blank plaque. The walls were painted scarlet, and covered with strange black symbols that seemed to give off their own cruel energy.

"Hey, you're awake! squealed a girl's voice happily. I may or may not have cursed very loudly out of surprise/fear. Don't judge. I turned to see who it was, and was scooped into a bone-crushing hug.

"I can't believe you made us wait so long. Everybody else already got here. I mean seriously, what was so important that you kept me waiting? Is it another girl? It better not be another girl. Huh? Is it? Tell me. Tell me right now!" she demanded.

"Mmmhnm-hmmn! Mmmm-mmm!" was all I could say with the way she was holding my head.

"Sorry, what was that?" She loosened her grip just enough for me to be able to push my head back and get a look at her face. She was seriously hot. Like cheerleader hot. Imagine the hottest model you have ever seen. Now imagine her with fiery red hair, and purple cat like eyes.

I took a breath to speak, but before i could say a word, she pulled me back to her and started rambling again.

"Oh it doesn't matter. All that does matter, is that you are here now", she said. "And now we can be together forever and I'll never leave your side".

Is this chick insane? I didn't even know her, and while I didn't mind the affection, this was getting a little too weird for me. But before I could do anything, a voice came from the doorway. A voice that chilled me to the bone, and burned away at my soul.

"Now, now Ms. Rose," he said. "We don't want to confuse him any more than he already is. Why don't you head down to breakfast, while Alec gets dressed?

"But Uncle Luci, I-" she started.

"Now Brittany." he said firmly

"Yes Uncle Luci." she said it like a child who had been told to do their chores. She reluctantly let me go, saying, "I'll save you a seat at the table."

She then leaned in and whispered in my ear, "And maybe later, I'll give you private tour.", and gave me a kiss on the cheek. Where she kissed me a cold fire began to burn under my skin

As she turned and walk away, I saw she was wearing a pair of black, skin-tight leather pants, and a thin white v-neck t-shirt that did very little to hide her black lace bra. All in all, she looked like the kind of girl who got a new boyfriend every week. Except for the tail. I might have forgotten to mention that she had a three-foot long forked tail. But to be honest, it didn't really surprise me. I felt like it should but my brain was too tired for that.

Before she left, she turned and winked at me, as if we had just shared a private joke, and I suddenly felt my face get very hot, which made her laugh.

" Eh hem".

I looked at the man who was now standing at the foot of my bed. He was wearing a tailored-to-fit black suit with black stripes. His jacket had three buttons, each with an upside down pentagram and the number six in the center. At his side, was a cane decorated with a silver serpent with rubies for eyes. His face was handsome but scarred, as if he was a male model, who decided to become a firefighter and forgot to wear a proper mask. He had black hair and crimson-gold eyes. His voice, which may at one point may have been melodious, now sounded like he ate cigars.

"Breakfast begins in ten minutes. In the dresser to your right, you will find clothes in your size. The dining hall is down the hall to the left, and down the stairs. You are to open no doors, but your own. I will know if you disobey me." he turned to leave, "I expect my son to make a good first impression, so don't embarrass me."

He was near the doorway before I finally unfroze.

"W-wait, what the heck are you talking about? Where the hell am I? How did I even get here?" I rushed to spit out the words. "What am I-"

"ENOUGH".

His voice hit me like a train, and I had an urge to run and hide in a dark corner, only I was too petrified to move. Black smoke rolled off the man's shoulders, as if he were enveloped in a living shadow. The smoke slowly began to resemble wings. Then as suddenly as it happened, it stopped. He looked over his shoulder and smiled.

"As I was saying, breakfast is in nine minutes. Don't be late, and don't wonder. Your questions will be answered shortly. And one more thing, I wouldn't want to keep Ms Rose waiting if I were you.", he ended with a chuckle.

Once again, I had to defrost myself from my state of shock. I walked over to the dresser he indicated and prayed to see anything but black and red as my only choices

Thankfully, God answered my prayers with a mint green polo shirt and a pair of khaki pants. I looked around for a mirror to fix my hair, but there was none. I guess there was no need for one in the vampire's suite.

I did the best I could do get everything to lay down before finally giving up. I guessed there was three minutes left before breakfast started, so I slipped on a pair of black leather shoes I found on the dresser, figured I had nothing to lose, and opened the door to my room.

I poked my head out, hoping to see someone else. Someone who could give me a clue as to where I was. Of course, the moment I want to see people, I'm all alone. Funny how that works, isn't it? Anyway, I stepped out of my room, and was ready to throttle whoever decided to use the SAME EXACT COLOR SCHEME FOR EVERYTHING! I mean seriously! The walls were covered with the same symbols as my room, and there were tapestries of rather gruesome scenes of angels doing battle with a great red dragon.

As I neared the stairwell, I heard voices coming from downstairs, and recognized the man in black. I reluctantly made my way down and decided not to throttle whoever designed this place. But I do reserve the right to change my mind. The reason I say this is because of his nice taste in designing the dining room.

It had black marble floors, and the table appeared to be made entirely out of ruby, and looked like it was worth millions. The room was lined with ornate columns.

" Ah, Alec, you're just in time for breakfast," the man in black announced, a broad smile on his face. Along with he and Brittany, who had managed to change into a skin-tight, black, thigh-length dress, sat five others, three boys, and two other girls. One girl saw me and stood to attention, as if I were her superior officer. She was... indescribably beautiful. She had short black hair, with a little curl beside her ear. Like Brittney, she had cat like eyes, only hers were bright gold like a sunset with a dark ring around her irises. Her face was covered with scars, as if some creature had attacked her.

"Come. Meet the others!"the man continued.

Brittney got up and walked over to me, her forked tail flicking back and forth happily. Apparently my mouth was hanging open, which she found hilarious, and closed it for me. Then she wrapped her arm around mine, and proceeded to lead me over to the table.