BOOK 5 - FOREFATHERS Prologue: The Dream

He was standing at the side of the grave again. The body inside was one of his closest friends... no, his closest friend - but he had already been here before. His grief was welling up inside of him as the grass at his feet began to wilt as his rage increased the temperature of the air around him. Others standing around him looked up nervously as the High Priest told spoke of The Goddess Hel’s good nature and mercy of the dead as she took them to the afterlife. 

The Darklight Staff was placed on her chest, now a dull midnight blue after the soul fragment held inside it died along with Yasmine. He stared down into the grave at his dead friend, thinking of the one who took her life. 

Then Yasmine’s body morphed into darkness, taking a circular shape and expanding. The edges of the darkness were swirling with a purple light and the darkness made a deep growling noise like a large dog waiting to strike.

This evil will show you a known face.

Then came the taunting laughing as the darkness swallowed Soran whole, swallowed the entire funeral procession but nobody seemed to notice. They allowed themselves to be eaten by the growling dark and Soran seemed to be the only one who was aware. 

As he was taken over by the black he could see the dark outline of a circle, a great cannon’s barrel trained upon him. Then he began to fall into nothingness with a scream.