- 02 -

Leo's POV 

All throughout dinner, I couldn't help but stare at Nico. The way his midnight black hair fell in his pale face, the way his jacket hung loosely around him, everything about him was so imperfect that it was perfect. After dinner, I found him in the Hades cabin, sitting alone on his bed.

"Knock, knock," I said from the doorway.

"What do you want, Leo?" Nico asked angrily.

"Just wanted to see you," I said as I sat next to him. I attempted to take his hand in mine, and when he didn't pull away, I started to grin like a fool.

"Um..." Nico said awkwardly as he looked at our interlocked hands.

"I tried to say something earlier," I began, "But it's a bit more romantic now."

"Leo, I had no idea that you liked me," Nico replied while sounding surprised.

"Well, I do, so don't make a big to-do about it," I stated.

"I won't, but only because I like you, too," Nico answered. "Please, don't tell anyone!"

"Oh, I won't," I whispered. 

 That was when it happened, the best thing in my life. My lips met his, soft and sweet. He kissed back. My hand came to the side of his face, and the kiss lasted for the shortest four minutes of my life. Then, Nico pulled away. I suddenly realized that it was almost midnight. I ran to my cabin as fast I could.

The next morning everything was awkward between Nico and I.

"Hey," I said after I flagged down Nico.

"Hey," He said back.

"About last nigh-" Nico cut me off.

"Don't even!" he scolded me.

"Why not?" I asked "I was just going to say that you're a great kisser."

"I said don't even, Valdez!" Nico scolded me again.