Blind date or a Set Up

I don't normally do blind dates, or dates in general. To be honest if it wasn't for (BFF/N) insisting I needed to get back out after what happened with (EX/N) I probably wouldn't have done it. She swears I'm going to end up a lonely old lady hiding in my house waiting for the next season of Sherlock. I mean I had to prove her wrong, right?

So that's how I ended up agreeing to meet one of her co-workers from the station. Personally I thought it was all a bad idea. I swear she tried to talk this "Will" up, get me hyped the Friday I was supposed to meet him at a small restaurant down the street from my place.

"He's a real gentleman, (Y/N)," she gushed. "Really classy, and funny too."

"Then why aren't you going out with him?" I asked looking at her from the mirror as I put the finishing touches on my look.

"Cause I don't date in the work place," she smirked.

"But you'll fuck the camera man, against the wall at lunch?" I rolled my eyes

"Hey, he was just an intern," she scolded me playfully.

"Right, well how do I look?" I asked twirling once for her approval.

"Hun you're gonna knock him on his ass. Now get outta here, don't keep him waiting~!" (BFF/N) called. "He'll be the one in a yellow button down and suspenders!"

I laughed, picturing Steve Urkel in a fancy shirt.

"I'll call you if things go bad~!" I shouted over my shoulder as I left.

<boring bits skipped>

As I walked into the restaurant I saw a man, about five-ten with dark hair in a yellow button-down and suspenders in the waiting area, holding a single (favorite flower). I also noticed the pink mustache on his upper lip. Of course it would be the one that (BFF/N) knew I thought was cute. No wonder she only called him Will, there were at least three other guys at the station who's names began with Will, but there was only one Wilford.

"What did she have to pay you to agree to this," I asked, startling Wilford, causing him to turn around.

"Wha-"

"Just answer the question Warfstashe, I'm not in the mood for games. What did (BFF/N) offer you to get you to agree to this?"

"A date with you, (Y/N). By the way you look amazing," he said handing me the flower, with one of his charming, yet cheeky grins.

I swear I blushed red as a tomato. I looked away quickly, pretending to look for a server to lead us to our seats.

Soon a perky blond came up with what looked like a forced smile, "I'm Mandy and I'll be your server tonight. If you'll follow me I'll take you to your table."

"I'm really glad (BFF/N) could convince you to come out tonight (Y/N), I don't think I would have been able to ask you out without her help," he whispered into my ear as he put his hand on the small of my back leading me to the table that Mandy was taking us to. His voice set the butterflies in my stomach in a frenzy.

"Here are the menus, I'll be back in a moment to get your orders," Mandy said, handing Wilford the menus before walking away with a tight smile.

"Any idea what you want?" I asked after looking at the menu for a minute.

"I'm thinking the lemon pepper salmon, what about you (Y/N)?" he asked setting down his menu.

"I really want (Favorite Food), but-"

"Alright, you guys ready to order?" Mandy asked.

"The lady will have (Favorite Food) and I'll have the lemon pepper salmon, and could we get a bottle of champaign as well?" Wilford answered.

"Of course, I'll run those orders back and will be right out with your champaign," Mandy said.

As soon as she was gone I looked over at Wilford and said, "I can pay for my part of the bill, I don't want-"

"Nonsense, (Y/N) this is a date, one I had (BFF/N) set up, I'll pay as it was my idea," he said. "Besides, I want you to enjoy tonight."

"Thank you Wilford," I said smiling downward blushing slightly.

"Think nothing of it," he husked.