Chapter 20:The Mortal War

Bắt đầu từ đầu

  "Awww, you two are so cute. Going to him for comfort, I must say even though you're lying to my sister I should be upset, but when this is the reason I can't help but think it's adorable. Anyway you probably get bothered with this question on a daily basis, but when do you plan on telling everyone? And if you don't invite me when you tell my parents and Julie I will find you, and I will skinnnnnn you."

  "Today, I don't know when exactly but today."

  "Good luck to you two then." I was about to say thanks when the rest of the Silverscales family entered. Julie immediately ran up to me, and put me into a tight embrace. "Where have you been? It's been like two days since you been here." Suddenly I'm not very sure Jace covered for me properly.

  "I've been clearing my mind at a friend's house, I thought Jace would've told you."

  "No he didn't, he just said that you were 'out'" Great, he used the worst excuse ever. Ironically though that's what I always told people whenever I was out with Magnus. "You're coming to the meeting today right?" Mason cut in.

  "Of course I am, I sort of have to be there. If there's going to be a war I'm going to fight." I said with determination, I feel the need to protect everyone, even if I don't know them. "How about you guys?"

  "Mary and I am, Luna is underage though, and Julie is going to stay with her because she can't be alone." Or because she has no basic training at all.

  "Why can't she be alone? She looks capable enough to do so."

  "Because... because Luna has mild anxiety, and can't face this alone." Luna is the last person I'd expect to have anxiety, she just doesn't seem like the kind of person who does.

  "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean-"

  "No, no Alec, it's alright. You didn't know, and if you're going to come into our family you might as well know about these things." Luna snickered in the background, making things too obvious.

  "Right now what time does the meeting start? I want to leave early so I can go with my family."

  "In about a few hours, so you have some time to yourself before you have to go." That's all I needed to know, in the mean time I can figure out how I'm going to tell my parents and everyone about Magnus.

~Time skip because I have no idea what to write between these two scenes~

  Clary is standing in front of everyone, ready to showcase her ability. No one knew what she was going to do besides create a new rune, but what it did remained a mystery for now. She brought the stele up to her hand and began drawing. The hall filled with the normal burned smell. Then she began to change. It wasn't a fats change, but as if her skin was fading into a new one. The first thing I see is the caramel colored skin, then I can clearly see that it's not Clary standing up there, but Magnus. I have no idea what this meant, was the rune supposed to change you into a different person? First person who came to mind? Everyone was whispering about me. Several names were said Joseph, Jennifer, Robert. I looked around me and every one had their eyes fixed upon Clary, what told me what the rune meant was when I saw Mason and Mary's hands firmly clasped together. Of course, all the names being said, loved ones holding each other, me seeing Magnus, it shows the person you love. My eyes searched the hall for Magnus, but when I found him I didn't recognize him at first. He had his hair pulled back, and was wearing all black like the rest of the people here, he just looked so plain compared to how he usually is. My eyes locked with his, and in that moment I knew that he saw me. Everyone was astounded that she could do this, whispers were going around. Some people found this amazing, others saw it as something bad. The Councul caught our attention again to discuss weather or not we were going to use her powers to out advantage. Clary and Simon left the hall before it started, probably because she didn't want to listen to the arguing.