Chapter 1

December 15th 2017

I woke up to a knocking on my door, "Madison! Are you asleep?" I sat up and said, "Well not anymore! Gosh your knocks are too loud... Just a second!" I climbed out of bed, rubbed my eyes, walked to the mirror and took a look at myself. Pj shorts, hoodie... Ugh I can do the hair later. I walked to the door and opened it slowly, "Oh... Good morning principal..." and she replied, "What a good morning it is. Daniel, this is Madison, she's usually neater than this. Madison, this is your new roommate, Daniel Seavey. Now I expect you to show him around, introduce him to the place as soon as you can. It was a pleasure meeting you Daniel, I hope you like it here!"

I looked at him with a smile. He was wearing ripped jeans, a black jersey and cute navy converse. "Let me help you out," I said in my morning voice as I took his luggage bag and placed it next to the bed, "this bed is yours, the other one is mine. You can start unpacking if you want, I'll just go take a quick shower!" and I went into the bathroom with my towel and clothes.

After 10 minutes, I'm all washed up, dressed with my hair fixed up into a high ponytail. I wore my maroon velvet pants and a white button up shirt. As I come out of the toilet I see that he has unpacked most of his things and has placed his violin on my lilac bean lovesac.

"Ooh, so you play the violin?"

"Yeah. My dad taught me, actually! He used to be part of an orchestra... He also taught me horse riding and gave most of my history lessons in high school."

"Wow! Well you definitely sound way more sophisticated than my past roommate. She got kicked out by the way!"

"Oh really?! How come?"

"I'll tell you everything later on. We need to get your things organized then we can get on with the rest of the day."

After helping Daniel unpack and doing my makeup, we went around the campus. I showed him most of the areas, his classes, corridors, the garden, auditorium and library. "Now remember every general area has it own building. All the science-y subjects are in building A. That's also where the cafeteria is, which we will go to in a bit. The art and technical subjects are in building B which has he auditorium and garden next to it. All the other boring subjects like business and history are in building C. The dorm rooms are in building Z. I guess that's about it... ooh there's the bell for breakfast!" and he replied, "Oh great! I'm kind of hungry and to remember all of this I need some food in my belly!" He gave out a little chuckle and I grinned.

We entered the cafeteria and I had to talk in a louder voice because it was really noisy as it always is in here. "Don't worry, there's nothing going on, the place is usually this loud when it gets crowded. We'll take a tray from there and queue here to get our food then we can sit... wherever we want really." and he sighed, "Alright then, I don't usually like crowded places but I'm hungry so I don't mind."

We got our food and sat down on the table. It has gotten a lot less quieter so I started telling him the story of my past roommate until I reached to the part where I said, "They found all sorts of drugs in her pillow! Heroin, magic mushrooms, weed and a bunch of others. That explains all the random things she said mid-class." Daniel laughed, "Wow! That's crazy! I bet you're glad they took her to rehab, I wouldn't stand a day with her if I were you." As he said that I saw my two friends, Gabby and Sam, walking with their trays and so I waved at them to come over.

As they sat down I introduced them to Daniel and Gabby started blabbering as always, "Hi! I'm Gabby, that's Sam. She's kind of a tomboy as you can see. I'm more into fashion and I do admit I'm very talkative, sometimes I get kicked out of class for a couple of minutes. And I think you already know that Madison is the more neat, smart and sensible one. By the way, I love your jeans." Daniel replied awkwardly, "Gee, thank your... I like your dress!" and Gabby gave a big smiled. Sam popped up "Cat bit your tongue? You're not much of a talker." so I explained, "No believe me he does talk, looks like Gabby scared him off with her big mouth as she always does with new people." Sam, Daniel and I laughed together.

After we finished the food I told Daniel that the first period was about to start and asked, "Do you want me to walk you to class?" and he replied hesitantly, "Uh it's alright, I... think that I can find my way around..." but I insisted on taking him, it does feel a bit confusing at the beginning but you get used to it.

-------------------------------------------------------

After lunch, I had some free time before my last lesson of the day, Business management. Daniel wasn't at lunch... I hope he didn't get lost... lmao I remember my first week when I got lost every other minute. I thought to myself as I walked to the room. As I got closer I could hear the sound of a violin playing. Yup, he's in the room. I opened the door and walked but 5 steps in I tripped and fell onto my hands. Daniel put his violin onto the floor quickly and ran up to me holding his hand out, "Are you ok?" and I murmured as I grabbed his hand and stood up, "Uh yeah, I'm alright. Thank you. God what is under the rug?!" and I pulled it up to find my foundation bottle. "Oh! I've been looking for it all afternoon!" I laughed.

I sat down at the desk and saw a paper laying next to my laptop - a club sign up form. I said out loud, "Daniel Seavey's club registration. Oh, which clubs have you thought of joining?"

"Well I'm not quite sure yet. Any suggestions?"

"It depends on your hobbies and what you like. It seems that you're into music so I would suggest The Symphony Club. There are a couple of geeky ones if you like that type of stuff. I know Sam does. She has TONS of comics. Gabby's in the fashion club and I'm in the poetry one."

"Oh you're into poetry? That's cool! I've thought of the reading club."

"That's a good one, but if you join, do avoid Amanda. She's a brat and she thinks she's all that and acts like a bi- diva."

Gabby bursted in, "Oh yeah I hate Amanda. She's so mean she told me the other day that my brand new Ted Baker trousers made me look like a clown! It was beautiful and expensive ok!!!" I and Daniel both start laughing.

"So what are you guys up to?" Gabby asked. Daniel said, "Well I was practicing on my violin when Madison came in and fell," and he laughed, "Anyways, I have to get to class. See you guys later!" As Daniel walked out of the room I picked up a couple of things and Gabby and I went to business management class.

The rest of the day passed by. Nothing interesting really happened, as usual. Later in the evening Gabby and I went to get snacks then went back to my room while Sam had football practice. We put on loud music and danced until Daniel came in, "Alright girls that's enough for today, it's 10 right now so you better go to sleep!" and Gabby complained, "But we were having so much fun!" so Daniel replied, "You can have fun tomorrow!"

With that Gabby walked out and I went to wash up, change into my pj's and hopped into bed. I was half asleep when Daniel finished up the start of his first essay. He took off his shirt and put on shorts before he laid on his bed. "Goodnight Maddie." He whispered and I replied, "...Goodnight Dani" as we both giggled and I dozed off to sleep.