Two

The back-to-school dance, or also known as the semi-formal, is as obviously thrown at the start of a new school year.  Zariah had Zander as her escort, Archie had to escort two beautiful ladies, and Cheryl was all alone with her two goons named Tina and Ginger who were awfully terrified of Ms. Blossom.

          And as per family color code, the twins wore complementary blue and white. The exact opposite of the Blossoms. Zander wore a white suit with a powdered blue dress shirt underneath his porcelain blazer with a matching black bowtie and oxfords. For the other girl though, whom wore a matching powdered blue dress with a black thin belt around her waist and white heels. They both walked in with their arms linked and was a bit tad amused to see Jason's pictures hung almost everywhere inside the venue.

          "Again, if you seem to forget what I told you on the first day of school, this is madness..." She sighs as her head roamed around to look at the people, dancing and having fun. "Let's grab some punch now, shall we?" Zander nods and they both walked towards the drinks and gracefully took a huge amount to gulp down for their first drink. Another twin ritual during parties: take a huge chug the moment you arrive at the party. The two shared a look, knowing that someone has already spiked the drinks and they were glad to whoever did this. Surely, this night will be fun.

          Everyone paused when Cheryl took over the stage and spoke about Jason, once more, and then introducing Josie and the Pussycats with a special song as taken request from the queen bee. Zander was already dragged by some girl to the dance floor, leaving Zariah all alone for a temporarily moment. But that's only until she saw Kevin and Veronica together. As a confident person, she struts towards them with a cheeky smile and gave them a quick and friendly peck on the cheek.

          "You two look stunning!" She compliments them as she checks them both out. They complimented her the same and she shook her head, "Trust me, I look stunning in pants than dresses. Kevin knows, Veronica." Zariah cocks her head towards Kevin and he nods assuring that what she said was true towards Veronica.

          "She's gay, just so you know, Ronnie. That's why we talked a lot during lunch on the first day. Thought you should know," They both nodded and Veronica raised her eyebrows as she eyes Zariah. "But then again, this girl doesn't know how to score a date even though she knows she's a flirt." He points with his thumb that Zariah completely swatted away, feigning hurt that made the three of them laugh in chorus.

          "You did not have to point that out—Oh, hey Cheryl," It was unexpected for this girl to appear out of nowhere and interject with their conversation, but she was there anyways. The girl in blue asked, "Is there something you need?"

          "Nothing, I just wanted to make an announcement to you goons," she crosses her arms and jerked her brow up towards Zariah, trying to sass her but then she threatened her by taking a step forward in which Cheryl backed up and cleared her throat. "I'm throwing an after-party after this bull, so invited those two lovebirds over there and we'll have fun at my place. Don't forget to spread the word, Zariah." She glares at her before turning her back away from them. In all truth, Cheryl was still confused by Zariah's action that it made her flustered and frustrated all the time when the two of them are in the same room just like now.

          And there was a clear view to see that Betty and Archie were no longer smiling, but frowning as they clapped at the end of Josie and the Pussycats' performance. They had talked about furthering more their friendship, but that went downhill just like Jack and Jill. What a pity. But as what Cheryl had said, they had to tell them that they have to go somewhere else after the dance.

          It was a bit concerning to see them quietly nod in return after they told Archie and Betty about the after-party, but Zariah still had to inform Zander about this event. She had found him by the drinks once again, talking to one of the students. But of course, she had to steal him away from the girl who was obviously flirting at her twin brother. Zariah always hated how flirtatious girls can get here in Riverdale, even though she was even one of those girls. Funny.