"This time, I win" I said as I brought the gun up to my chest and shot him right in the target plastered onto his chest. I chuckled walking away.

I win.

We had just finished our game of laser tag so we headed to the arcade for a bit. They still had the old games I used to play. Pac Man, Pin Ball, mini bowl- the arcade hasn't changed that much.

"Gaten, wanna play pin ball?" Sadie asked holding out her arm. Gaten nodded then linked arms with Sadie. As they were walking, Sadie looked over her shoulder and winked at me causing me to giggle.I looked over to Finn to see him talking with Noah and Caleb.

"So" Rowan said from behind me "are you and Finn a thing?" It looked like she was trying to hide the smirk that slowly crept onto her face. She was always so happy and filled with joy, she could almost make you happy by just looking at her smile. I looked at her and sighed. Of course she was curious, she was Finn's best friend.

"No" I said looking back at Finn who was laughing "I hope soon though" Rowan grabbed my hand and started laughing while jumping. Her hair started flying all over the place along with her dress. She paused and fixed her hair.

"You guys would make a really cute couple" she whispered "plus, I think he likes you" before I could reply, Rowan had already skipped away. She linked arms with Noah pulling him away then winking at me. I looked back to see Maddie and Sadie wiggling their eyebrows and laughing. I started walking closer to Finn. Once I was in Caleb's sight, he made an excuse to leave walking over to Rowan and Noah.

"Wolfhard" I said approaching him. He looked me then smirked

"Miss. Heartbreaker" he said mocking me.

"Never gonna live that down" I sighed "was ditching school all that bad?" I asked innocently putting my hands on my hips. He laughed then sighed.

"Worse thing I've ever done" he replied making me titled my head.

"Worse thing huh? Maybe you should hang out with my friends more" I laughed.

I knew he was having fun or else he would of been complaining. Our conversation was cut off when Gaten ran up to us. He was obviously out of breath- it was he was trying to catch his breath after he ran a marathon.

"We need to go" he said in between breaths. "Right, now"

Finn and I shot each other a  look then grabbed our stuff. We didn't bother asking why because we already knew there was a reason. We grabbed the others then started running out of the arcade.

"Shit" Gaten whispered pulling us behind a bush. We were all silent when we saw what was going on. There were two cop cars parked out front. All of a sudden, it was like my memory came back. Every lunch hour since the incident that happened last year, the cops stay here and make sure that no one is skipping school.

"Okay" Maddie said "get ready were about to run" we all nodded not breaking out gazes from the cops. Maddie quietly counted to three and we all ran. It didn't take us long until we reached the car and piled in. Maddie quickly turned on the car and started to drive.

Everything was fine until we had to exit the parking lot. There was a policeman stander there collecting your parking passes.

"Were in deep shit" Caleb sighed sitting back. Maddie quickly parked the car and turned around.

"Millie you have your glasses on you right?" She asked impatiently. I nodded in confusion and embarrassment. No one knew that I wore glasses because I used my contacts. In eighth grade, I was made fun of for wearing them.

Maddie put her hand out as if she were asking me to give them to her. I carefully took them out of my bag and handed them over. She quickly put them on and looked around.

"Damn Millie you really are blind" she said in shock. Sadie hit her telling her to hurry up. She grabbed her mother scarf from the dash board and told us to lay down on the floor. Since I was in the back with Finn, we jumped into the trunk and let the others lay on the floor. Once Maddie pulled up to the police, she showed her ticket.

"Here's my ticket" she said as causally as she could. Maddie's plan was to try and look like a collage student and not a high school student. As of right now, she was doing pretty good.

"You sure you in collage?" The man asked scanning her appearance. Maddie nodded then pulled out a collage ID.

"Says so on my ID" she joked. The officer nodded then proceeded to stamp her parking pass.

"Where'd she get the ID from?" Finn whispered. I looked over to him. He was about a foot away from my face since the trunk wasn't that big.

"Her sister" I whispered, "she's in collage and they look a like."

-

This is unedited so I'm sorry. I'm going on vacation but I'll be back for Monday!!!

Love you all so much!

Kisses,
Madds

Heartbreaker . fillie जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें