Chapter 42

"To the three amazingly beautiful girls staying in this room...... There is a surprise waiting for all of u tonight, follow the clues to get ur destiny."
Mukti: What does this mean??
Nandini: I think Manik is again upto something.
Aliya: U r right.
All three of them got up & started getting ready. Nandini took up her dress from her bag & got into the washroom. As she stepped out, Aliya saw her & said,
Aliya: Wow Nandini.... I love ur dress...
Nandini smiled at it & Mukti said,
Mukti: U look damn amazing in that dress...
She was wearing a carbon black dress with a flat neck & a deep back cup leaving the rest of the dress simply crisp.
Soon the three of them left the room & walked out. As they reached the reception, the manager said to them,
"Good evening Ma'am.... Mr. Malhotra is waiting for all of u on the terrace along with ur other frndzz"
Mukti: Ohh thank u...
Manager: Your welcome Ma'am..... Come I'll show u to the lift.
All of them followed him as he walked towards the lift. They went upwards & reached the terrace to saw Cabir, abhi & dhruv sitting there alone.
Aliya: Guys!!!
All of them turned & saw them coming.
Aliya: Whats happening guys?? Whats this surprise?
Cabir: Manik only knows.... He msged us!!
Nandini: We also got a note from him.
Mukti: But where is Bhai??
Abhi: We hv no idea!!
Nandini looked around & saw the beautifully decorated terrace. It had artificial dried trees with glittering LED lights and an amazing goan wind as an advantage.
All of them took thier seats & waited. When suddenly they heard Manik's guitar playing on the other end of the terrace. They looked at each other confused and walked to the other side seeing another set up, this one even more beautifully decorated. Along with Manik standing in the middle with his guitar & two waiters standing at the far end. And he started, (Yaaron Aisa Hai - Rangrezz)
Aankhon mein sapne hain
Sapno mein aashayein hain
Aashayein kehti hain
Kaanton mein gul aaye hain
Khill ke woh muskaye hain
Yaaron aisa hai... apna yaarana
Saath mein jeena hai
Saath hai mar jaana
Aaye andheron ki duniya se hum ujaalon mein
Humne banayi apni jannat
Apne khayalon se
Ho chaand-taaron ko kisi din hum yahaan le aayenge
Ho dhundhli dhundhli raah mein dhool ban jaayenge
Yaaron aisa hai... apna yaarana
Har mushqil se humko takrana
Jo socha hai woh, humko hai paana
As he finished he saw a little tears in Aliya & Nandini's eyes while the rest of them simply looked emotional. He smiled at them & moved around starting again. This time with a more familiar song,
Ho hai zara si meethi-meethi halki si khaari
Yari yari, yaari yaari, yaari yaari..
Ho.. yaar woh jo samjhe baat bin bole saari
Yaari yaari, yaari yaari, yaari yaari..
He kept his guitar away & moved along singing,
Wo o o ho.. wo ho.. wo ho...
Zinda yaaron se hui zindagi
Wo o o ho.. wo ho.. wo ho...
Teri-meri, meri-teri yaari-yaari
Hoo.. hoo...
They all danced around when Cabir joined him,
Ho kachchi pakki gullakon to tod-taad kar
Chillaron ko apney saare jod-jaad kar
Tere hisse ki main smile ko khareed lun
Meri smile ka kahin na kahin se tu jugad kar
Chai wale adde ki bhi chai se hai pyari
You know..
Yaari yaari, yaari yaari, yari yari..
Wo.. jiski chal rahi hai abhi tak udhaari
Yaari yaari, yaari yaari, yari yari..
Wo o o ho.. wo ho.. wo ho...
Zinda yaaron se hui zindagi
Wo o o ho.. wo ho.. wo ho...
Teri-meri, meri-teri yaari yaari
hoo hoo.. hoo hoo..
Manik:
Beer ke nashe mein talli hoke jhoom lein
Mastiyon ke raaste mein jhande gaad dein
Hosh humse apna ghar ke le agar pata
Arey hosh se kahein ki hum hai aish mein pale
Dhruv:
Class bunk maar ke pahaadon pe jaari (Aliya:What?)
Yaari yaari, yaari yaari, yari yari..
Wo ho.. ghar pe goli deke bhaagne ki bimari (Mukti: wassup?)
Yaari yaari, yaari yaari, yaari yaari..
Go!
Manik:
Wo o o ho.. wo ho.. wo ho...
Zinda yaaron se hui zindagi
Wo o o ho.. wo ho.. wo ho...
Teri-meri..
Meri-teri yaari yaari
oo.. hoo.. hoo..
FRIENDS FOREVER!
As the song finished they all got into a group hug including Nandini & Abhi.
Cabir: Manik... Superb plan!! Seriously....
Aliya: Yes... This was the magic of Fab5 that I was missing.
Dhruv: Buddy this was ur surprise??
Manik shook his head & moved a little back as the waiter handed him over a bottle of champagne.
Manik: Come on guys its time to celebrate!!
Mukti: Woah!!
All of them got closer together & Manik held the bottle in between.
Cabir: To Music!!
Dhruv: To us!!
Aliya: To love!!
Nandini: To friendship!!
Manik smiled at all of them & then said,
Manik: To Fab5's new album.
And saying so he popped open the bottle while all were left confused except for Nandini, who finally understood the reason for all this setup.
Manik: Come on guys.. Congrats!!
Manik made Cabir take a sip followed by Mukti, Abhi, Aliya, Dhruv & Nandini...
Nandini noticed thier confusion & finally said,
Nandini: Congrats guys... Fab5 has been offered a album by Q label.
Aliya: WHAT??
Cabir: Manik.. Are u serious??
Manik: Yes guys... We hv to sign the deal as soon as we go back.
All of them cheered & hooted as they hugged each other. Just then the waiter came with the glasses & Manik poured out the drink for everyone, the food was served as they all danced & enjoyed the night.
It was quite late when Manik was standing at the edge of the terrace thinking something to himself when Mukti went to his side.
Mukti: What happened bhai?
Manik looke at her & thought for a second & then said,
Manik: Nothing!! come lets dance...
He walked towards the waiter who was standing by the music player & whispered something to him. Soon a rocking dance number sarted & everyone moved to the dance floor again. They danced for a long time after which they were going back to their seats when Manik nodded at the waiter. The waiter got his signal & immediately Manik held Nandini's hand.
The moment she turned around, a soft romantic background music was played.
All the others turned & saw them as Manik slowly sat on his knees in front of Nandini.
Nandini: Manik!!!
Manik: Shh... Nandini..... Today I learnt a really really important truth of my life. I knew it existed within me but never did I actually realised or think about its intensity. I knew I loved u, but I didn't know how much!!
But this evening changed it all.... Those five minutes when I actually thought that I might-.... That small period of time showed me the value of u in my life. It told me excatly how much I love u. I miss you when I'm not with you. When I'm not with you, all I do is think about you. When I think about you I just want to be with you. When I'm with you it's like all of my dreams have come true.
Nandini had tears flowing down her eyes & so did the others. Just listening Manik take out his heart in front of her in the form of words. Simple and plain words directly from his heart.
Manik: Nandini......You're the girl that filled all the little dark places in my heart. When I kept on building a wall in front of my heart to keep the world away, I never saw when u came & read whatever was written behind that wall. I don't what u saw & How did a guy like me end up with a person like YOU? U hv changed me completly, When I'm near you, I'm a better Me. When you're away, I'm only half the man I want to be. U know I believe in stars & a long time ago maybe as a stupid idiot, I wished upon a shooting star that one day I would maybe find love. And today holding your hand here makes me realize that wishes do come true.
Saying so he looked up towards the sky & then continued,
Manik: Nandini there are thousands of stars are in the sky but I just hv one in front of my eyes. The one which shines the brightest & it shines just for me. I want that star to be called mine... Forever!! I want one star whom I can simply say that it belongs to me. So Miss Nandini Moorthy, will u give me that pleasure to call it mine for the rest of my life??
As he said so Nandini's happiness had no bounds. Which girl won't melt at such an heartfelt honest declaration of love. Her smile in between her tears told what she felt clearly. It took quite long for her to take everything in & then she was about to say something when Manik said,
Manik: Will u marry me Nandini??
He took out a small velvet box from his pocket and opened up to show a beautiful single stud diamond ring. All of them were shocked to see it. Even Nandini's face showed simple shock & no other expression.
Aliya: OMG... Come on Nandini... What are u thinking??
Nandini: Manik... I m-
Cabir: Nandu!! Nothing more than a single word.
Nandini looked at Manik whose face showed pure love towards her & fresh tears flowed down her eyes, as she whispered
Nandini: No...