Chapter 6

After a long wait, the day had come. The day to learn how to fly a broomstick. I was so excited. Me and everyone else went outside for the flying lesson, but soon my excitement died. Because, unfortunately, that flying lesson class shared by the two ultimate enemy houses. Yes, Gryffindor and Slytherin. I groan in irritation. Ever since that event happened with Malfoy and his friends, I wished not to spend my one single time with Slytherins, because Slytherin means Malfoy and I hated to see his smug face. However, for my bad luck, I was having a class with Slytherin and the worst part of that was, 'Malfoy' was standing right opposite of me and was looking straight to ME.

I narrowed my eyes and glared at him. For one second I thought, I saw guilt in his eyes, but soon my thought went wrong when he smirked at me. I threw him my last glare and looked away. I did not want to look at him, because of his behaviour towards me. I was mad, really, really mad. I look everywhere but him. However, I could felt eyes on me, but I couldn't care less. Everyone was in there, lined up in two rows, Gryffindor and Slytherin, with brooms in their sides. Then Madam Hooch approached us, she had short hair and hawk yellow eyes.

"Good afternoon class." She greets us and we greeted her back then she continued, "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up." We did as she instructed. "Now, stick your right hand over the broom and say, Up!" after her instruction, everyone started to say 'Up'.

"Up!" Harry and I said in the unison and the brooms lying on the ground beside us flew up into our hands. Hermione looked at us with disbelief. She tried hard by saying 'Up' numerous times, but her broom did not come up to her, it lay on the ground, motionless.

"Whoa," Harry and I said in unison again. We stared at our brooms, then at each other and grinned at our success. Then from the corner of my eyes, I saw Malfoy said 'Up' and the broom lay beside him flew into his hand. Harry and I looked at him and saw a smugly smile appeared on his face. Basically, he gave Harry and me his smug smile. I rolled my eyes and Harry did the same.

"Up!!" said Ron and the broom flew up and conks him on the nose. "Ow!!" Harry and I laughed at his situation. "Shut up, you two!" he scolded at us but laughed at the end. Most of us succeeded to call our brooms 'Up' and some did not. However, when, after a few try, everyone had their brooms on their hands, then Madam Hooch spoke up.

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end." We all obeyed her word and mounted. "When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down." We all positioned ourselves ready to fly, "On my whistle...3...2..." she blows her whistle and Neville immediately lifted off, I looked at him and he looked so frightened.

"Mr Longbottom." said Madam Hooch with concern in her eyes.

"Neville, what are you doing?" said a very confused Dean.

"Neville... Neville..." Seamus tried to catch Neville, but Neville went a little high.

"We are not supposed to take off, yet, Neville," said Ron, does not know what was happening there. Instantly I felt there was something wrong happened with Neville. And my thoughts went correct when Neville started to scream.

"Mr Longbottom!" Madam Hooch shouted, but I could hear the fear in her voice, feared about Neville's safety.

"Down! Down! Ahhhhh!" he screamed and tried to make that broom down but no luck. "HELP!!" with that last word Neville soared away.

"NEVILLE!!!" Harry and I shouted at the same time.

I watched him soared through the sky and hit a wall, conking along it and then swooped off. He screamed at the top of his lungs. Then he began to zoom back towards us. Madam Hooch holds her wand out to stop him, but Neville approached us fast. We scattered and Madam Hooch dived out of the way. Neville screamed louder than ever and zoom past a statue of a man with a sharp spear. His cloak caught on it, then flipped off the broom and hanged there.