*Chapter 2*

Tuesday-      It was a pretty nice day outside. The bees were singing and the cars were dancing. I guess most things are beautiful even when you don't notice them.

I anxiously walked into my 3rd period class with Mr. Heffen, and him teaching us all about Reading. I leaned over and saw Kalyn. I whispered to her, "I'm sneaking outta this joint." She made a shocked face. "Are you really gonna risk another detention?" I rolled my eyes and stood up. "Mr. Heffen is half deaf and half blind. He wouldn't even notice nor care." I walked up to his desk and asked for a break for some water. He said yes and continued to teach. As I walked out the classroom I saw Kylie. All I could think to do was ignore her presence and keep quiet. She walked up to me with a bag in her hand. "Wow, skipping class again? World record my friend." I clenched my fist. "First of all, you do it too. Second of all, I'm not your friend. Never gonna be so get that into your head." She smiled and skipped away. I had no idea where I was headed at this point. Soonly, I passed the principals office so I was pretty much free. I made my way to the opposite side of where my locker was and saw Mace and a girl, probably Kendra the cheerleader. They were arguing and fighting. Suddenly, she walked off and said, "I never wanted anything to do with this relationship anyway, Mace. Good luck!" He shook his head and fixed his jersey. I walked up to him slowly. "Girl trouble?", I asked. "She's my Ex now so... Aren't you that girl from yesterday?" I nodded yes. He put his hands threw his hair and touched my arm. "What?", I asked. "I'm examining you, duh." I backed away. I wasn't really trusting him at this point. "Why? Am I wrong or something?" He laughed. "Your perfect. NOT LIKE THAT! IM JUST SAYING.", he said which later escalated into a yell. I walked back up to him and kissed his cheek. "There's no way you can say that without believing it.", I said while walking back to class.

When I came back in the teacher was sitting down and the class was working on a group assignment. "I wasn't sure if you were gonna come back this time, Aspen.  Luckily you did. Good job for not skipping the ENTIRE class this time. Have a seat,", Mr. Heffen said. I was about thinking so much and couldn't focus. At my seat, Kalyn was crying. Her face was red and her cheeks were moist. I made an unsure face and sat down. "I cry when I'm confused." I rolled my eyes and continued with my work.

I flipped my hair out of my face and sighed. "I really wanna make things with me and mace official...", I whispered. I continued, "but with crazy Kendra girlfriend in the way... it's gonna be ballistic just to even try." The teacher explained that there was only 5 minutes of class left and that we needed to be ready for the next class. I gathered everything I had and packed up. Kalyn finally stopped sobbing and got ready too.

I went to my locker (after the bell had rung) and emptied out my binder a little. My hair was seriously in my face so I grabbed a hair tie and made it into a bun.
The girls down the hallway were doing their makeup and gossiping, and with me noticing that one of the girls were KENDRA. I shook my head to concentrate and shut my locker. I fixed my crop top and pulled up my pants.
As I was walking down the hall, I heard clicks and clacks of a shoe (perhaps heels). I turned around and saw Mars. "What are you wearing!?" She laughed and snorted, "One of the freshmans dared me to dress like Ms. Peggs and I am. I look so HAWT. Who new a teacher so fat could have GREAT TASTE." I shrugged and sighed. "What's up, Ash?" (Ash is what Mars calls me because she hates my name). "Nothing I'm just really into a guy but his girlfriend is just.. jus... EVERYWHERE." Mars laughed. "Same. One of the freshmans that dared me said I was cute but he has a girlfriend. She's mad jealous and it's hilarious." I sighed again. "This is serious Marsie! I kissed this guy on the cheek. I'm WAY more committed to this than you." She made a serious face. "No duh, Ash. I realize your into Whom ever but seriously. You should lay off the guy. He's got a girl, how would you feel if you were the girl and your boyfriend was with someone else?" Although Marsie is HIGHLY immature she's really wise and a good advice giver (I guess). "I know ok? She's mad at him anyway so why not make a move!?" She made an annoyed face and crossed her arms. "LAY OFF. They are still together are they not?" "Ya" "EXACTLY. I love you Ash but your putting yourself in a bad situation and gonna get yourself hurt. I can't have that happen. SO LAY OFF." She sassily walked away. Mars doesn't walk like a girl nor talk like one so when she walked away like that I knew I made her mad. I was really taking in everything she had said but not really listening. I loved mace to much to see him spend another minute with the wannabe Taylor Swift.