Zach: The friendly one's are the ones you should watch out for.

Adrian: Well you're safe for now. I mean, I need to be diagnosed first, right?

Zach: Uh...sure Adrian...sure.

Adrian: Which means I'm totally sane.

Zach: This is not the conversation I had planned when I messaged you.

Adrian: What conversation did you have planned?

Zach: Uh, well I didn't. But if I did, it wouldn't be this one.

Adrian: I've had worse conversations...
what's it like in a mental hospital?

Zach: Adrian, please. You're not crazy so that information really isn't needed.

Adrian: It's good to be prepared.

Zach: I'm going to bed.

Adrian: Wait, don't leave yet. We can talk about something else. I found a web page on ships.

Yeah, let's bore the guy, Adrian. I rolled my eyes at myself but it was too late now.

Zach: What kind of ships?

Adrian: I don't know enough about ships to give specifics on what kind. The big ones?

Zach: Oh, okay. So, you mean actual ships.

Adrian: What else would I mean?

Zach: Nothing, don't worry about it. So, like the Titanic?

Adrian: Ah, yes. The unsinkable ship that sank.

Zach: I like that movie

Adrian: It's like 10 hours long

Zach: And yet it's so worth it. How did we even get onto this topic??

Adrian: Fine, you start the conversation this time. Let's see if you can do any better.

Zach: Uh...did you do your Math homework?

Adrian: Boring. I don't want to talk about school. See, therefore I start the conversations.

Zach: Whatever. Jerk!

Adrian: Bitch.

Zach: Was that a reference?

Adrian: No...

We ended up talking for hours about absolutely nothing, but it was the happiest I'd felt in a long time, and that, I couldn't explain.

We finally said goodnight at around 4 in the morning, neither of us wanting to end the conversation, but with school in just a few short hours we didn't have much choice.

And that night, I fell asleep with a smile on my face, until I was plunged into yet another dream.

~

"Adrian, sweetie. You have to go." I stood in a place I didn't recognise. A faceless man and woman standing in front of me. The woman's voice filled with pain as tears spilled down her cheeks.

"Take this and run," the man spoke, handing me what appeared to be an amulet. I was crushed into a hug before I was being pushed towards a big wooden door.

Pushing the door open, I looked back one last time to see the man and woman heading in the opposite direction, but I didn't stick around.

I felt tears run down my face as I ran, making my way through a nearby forest. Anger coursed through my veins as I ran faster and faster, finally coming to a stop before a giant castle.