The Sound of Drums

Start from the beginning

"Mister Saxon, this way, sir. Come on, kiss for the lady, sir."

"The Master is Prime Minister of Great Britain."
The Master then kissed the woman beside him, the Time Lords looked in shock

"The Master and his wife?" Rita looked at the screen with horror and pity for the woman who no doubt was tricked into this. "That's something I didn't see coming, I always wondered the day when he would take over the Earth, never thought it would happen after the Time War."

"This country has been sick and cold." The Master said staring into the camera knowing exactly who was watching the broadcast. "This country needs healing and warmth. This country needs medicine." He took a breath and continued to speak again. "In fact, I'd go, so far as to say that what this country really needs right now, to fix it's stone cold heart is a Doctor."

Not long after the broadcast the four headed to Martha's house, the Doctor and Rita pressing on with questions about 'Harold Saxon', who he was, his 'life' and the small details that they could use. "Home." Martha sighed happily.

"Martha do you have a laptop?" Rita asked looking over at her, she nodded and brought out a laptop handing it to her.

"Jack, who are you phoning?" The Doctor turned around glancing at him before angrily adding. "You can't tell anyone we're here."

"Just some friends of mine, but there's no reply." He sighed.

Jack walked over taking the laptop from the brunette and setting it down on the table. "I can show you the Saxon websites. He's been around for ages."

"That's so weird though," Martha muttered watching Jack on the computer. "It's the day after the election. That's only four days after I met you."

"We went flying all around the universe while he was here all the time."

"That's time travel for you." Rita sighed.

"You going to tell us who he is?" Martha then asked a little ruder than she meant.

"He's a Time Lord." The Doctor and Rita both answered.

"What about the rest of it?" She questioned, "I mean, who'd call himself the Master?"

"The more you know the more dangerous it becomes," Rita muttered knowing how true that statement was.

"Come on, show me, Harold Saxon."

Martha slowly walked over switching on her answering machine. "Martha, where are you?" The message sent by Tish played. "I've got this new job. You won't believe it. It's weird. They just phoned me up out of the blue. I'm working for-" Martha groaned cutting off the machine. "Oh, like it matters."

Rita sighed watching Jack sift through the pages and pages of information. "Let me." She forced him to move sitting down in front of the laptop. "If I'm good at anything it's finding information very, very quickly."

"She isn't wrong there." The Doctor nodded.

"I'll just go make tea," Jack mumbled walking off.

"I think you just broke him, Rita."

"Oh, dear his ego is almost as big as your sweetheart."

"Cheeky."

"Just like you." She winked at him chuckling then turned to the laptop again scrolling through the information her eyes scanning it unbelievably fast.

Jack returned back moments later handing the Doctor tea, he placed one of the cups on the table for Rita then started to drink his own as a video of Sharon Osbourne played. "I'm voting Saxon. He can tick my box any day."