Her breath hitched in her throat as her eyes collided with with the dark, forest-green disks that glittered like the night sky. A handsome face with a tender smile near hers. She felt her heart rapping hard against her chest, backing up slightly as she felt herself panicking.

It was Titian. The sunlight danced on his sparkly red body, shimmering in his paler hair. His green eyes were locked on Iris with a friendly stare. "Are you okay?" he asked. Like his father, Titian could do an auto-tuned voice and when he wasn't doing that, it had that same distinctive accent. When Iris didn't answer at first, he repeated his question. Curiosity lightened his gaze.

"What? Oh! Yeah, I-I'm fine," she replied, shuffling her feet against the ground. She swallowed hard, trying to rid of the anxiety swelling up inside of her. It felt like icy water flowing through her veins. She winced slightly at it.

"Are you sure? You look...tense?" Titian moved closer to her, offering her support by holding out his hand and grabbing her arm. "Come on, let's join the others. They seem to be having a lot of fun!"

The glittery Troll led her through the crowd. She was given warm greetings and smiles as she passed everyone, a few cheering her name. Being Princess meant a lot of attention would be directed at you. She wasn't sure she totally enjoyed it. Sometimes she just wanted to keep to herself and be in her own little world. They weren't kidding when they said I'm more like my father, she thought. She remembered hearing old stories of how her father used to be a complete grump. He had turned all gray and never once smiled. He did not get along with anyone, and was usually avoided as he hoarded things for survival purposes. Now he was a very happy Troll, probably one of the happiest. But no one beat her mother's vivacity and energy. She was the happiest, sweetest, most positive Troll to ever exist. She remembered everyone saying Poppy was always a very popular girl and as Princess, she was constantly throwing parties and leading musical numbers.

I don't think I'd ever be able to handle that, she thought. She'd always been more calm and reserved like Branch. She even had the same skin color as him, and one part of her hair was the same shade of blue, while the other was the same shade of pink Poppy had. Her eyes were exactly like her mother's, bright, pretty, and pink.

"All hail the Princess of Troll Tree!"

Iris halted as she saw Biggie standing nearby, Mr. Dinkles propped in his arms as usual. Biggie was a close friend of her mother's, once again. He bowed down in respect to Iris as she passed him, and she felt her face flush red with embarrassment as several other Trolls turned to look at her. They began cheering her name and she shyly smiled.

"Everyone, that's enough!" Iris called out.

They all quieted down immediately. She hated the respect. She wasn't just a Princess. She wanted to be treated like everyone else, not like some goddess who had come down straight from the skies.

A few Trolls smiled at her as she walked away with Titian. Her friend pressed himself against her, and she felt her heart lurch. "Is that overwhelming for you?" he asked kindly

Iris sighed. "Yes," she replied. "I'm tired of being seen as some celebrity. I just want to walk in a room without everyone stopping to stare at me, cheer my name, and bombard me with questions and random crap. Is that too much to ask? I just want to be loved for who I am, not what I am!"

Titian set his sparkly hand on her shoulder. "They look at you and think of Poppy," he said. "She's always been a popular Troll, so they're just excited to see her daughter. I can see similarities between your faces. Don't get to upset by it. They don't mean any harm." He brought her into a quick hug. The sweet, cinnamon-like scent of his body filled her nostrils and she just didn't want to let go. He was a very good friend, always helping her through this annoyance.

"You're right, Titian," she replied. "But it's just...hard."

"I understand," the red male responded affectionately.

Iris gazed up towards the top, far-away branches of the Troll Tree. This would be her kingdom one day, and the thought made her a little dizzy with anxiety. She was nothing like her mother. She did not hold the same positive vibes, she did not throw parties every other day, and she certainly did not go around preaching happiness. Sure, as a Troll she was very happy and okay with her life. But this was just that one thing you have to put up with like a crick in your neck. She closed her eyes, letting Titian's words of comfort and the soft ring of his accent calm her.

Aye! Thanks for reading! Yes, I will be doing a question for every chapter just like I did in Blue Poppy!

(Also, yes, there will be some cute Broppy moments. I'm not letting that amazing ship go down the trash. This story isn't just going to focus on Iris. Lol I could never rid of Poppy and Branch. I LOVE THEM TOO MUCH!)

Question:

How old will you be when Trolls 2 comes out in 2020?

My answer:

I'll almost be 18 years old. The scheduled release date is 19 days away from my birthday.

Give me your answer in the comments and don't forget to vote!