hatred

18 september, 2005
age 13

- unedited

"This isn't the first time," said the headmaster, glancing at the parents in front of him. "I don't know what's going on with them."

Simon and Olajide sat far from each other, both wearing the same annoyed expression. Simon didn't mean to get all worked up, but the look Olajide had given him made him snap.

These two were both in the headmasters office. He had called the boys parents to come in because of the behaviour that when on in class.

One minute the two were minding their own business, the second the two were on the floor fighting, Olajide holding Simon by the throat.

Simon and Olajide had absolutely nothing in common, well at least that's what they thought.

"You two will be friends-" the headmaster started.

"I'm okay." Olajide retorted, rolling his eyes. "I don't think I'll be able to deal with him."

"I'm sorry I wasn't the one who pushed you to the ground and throttle you, buddy." Simon replies, sarcastically.

"I pushed you? May I remind you that all I did was glance at you for two seconds and you jumped me?"

Simon rolled his eyes and turned back to the headmaster.

"Simon, give it a shot." Simon's mother spoke softly. Simon groaned and scuffed his feet on the ground.

"I don't wanna-"

"If this behaviour continues I will have no choice but to suspend both of you," the headmaster states sharply. "I need you two to become friends. There's absolutely no way you guys don't have something in common."

"Simon is welcome to come over for dinner today." Olajide's mother, Yinka, offered.

Simon's mother shot her a warm smile and a nod. "Simon would love too, right Si?"

Si turned to look at Olajide's mom and shot her a small smile, then turned to his mother and shot her a glare. "Why not."

"Perfect," the headmaster smiled. "Glad to see this is working out. Have a nice day."

The parents all smiled at the headmaster and bid him farewell.

"Would you like to take him now, or a bit later?" Mrs. Minter asked.

"I wouldn't mind taking him now, but it's his choice." Yinka replied with a smile, turning to Simon. Simon looked down and scuffed the floor, shrugging.

"I guess now wouldn't hurt." Simon mumbled, earning a confused look from Olajide.

"Wonderful, you and Jide can walk to the car, we will catch up in a bit." Yinka said, turning to Simon's mum.

Simon looked forward and saw Olajide exiting the building. Simon speed walked to catch up with him, but not so he was directly beside him.

Once the two got to the car, Olajide used the keys his mom gave him to unlock it. Olajide immediately entered the back of the familiar car, getting himself comfortable.

Simon on the other hand awkwardly entered the car, biting his lip in anxiousness. Simon buckled his seatbelt and threw his hands in his pockets, avoiding eye contact.

"We really gonna pull through with this?"

Simon turned around quickly, his lips turning into a thin line. "Neither of us want to get suspended."

Olajide nodded, pushing his glasses up and sighing. "So," he started. "What's up?"

"Nothing new," Simon replied, looking out the window. "What about you, Olaj-"

"Call me JJ, bro. Or Jide, I don't mind either." Olajide clarified. Simon gave him a weak smile and nodded. "I'm doing alright I guess."

"Tell me about yourself." Simon said, gaining confidence. JJ got into thought for a moment before answering.

"I don't do much in my spare time, all I do is play FIFA-"

"Really, you play FIFA?" Simon said, excitement filling him.

"Yeah man, of course. It's my favourite thing to do." JJ replies, chuckling a bit.

"What team do you support?"

"Arsenal."

Simon scoffed and crossed his arms. "Total shit," he said. "I support Man United."

note: simon supported MU before leeds, don't get confused (: he started supporting leeds in 06.

"Arsenal isn't shit you asshole," JJ spat, letting out a tiny laugh. "Man United is so overrated, they aren't even that good."

Simon rolled his eyes once again and punched JJ in the shoulder, playfully. "Whatever, I bet I can dominate you in FIFA."

Jide raised his eyebrow and laughed. "Oh please, I have FIFA in my blood. I've dominated my brother and a bunch of other people, surely you won't be much competition."

Simon chuckled at JJ's words before shaking his head. "We will see about that, buddy."