Finally

Greninja stared in horror at the spot Braixen had disappeared from. What had he done? He had hurt someone who meant more to him than anything. Unintentionally, but he had still hurt her. And now she probably never wanted to see him again.
"Greninja, what did you say that for?" Hawlucha hissed at him.
"I didn't mean it the way it came out!" Greninja hissed back, his guilt making him defensive.
"Then go after her and explain what you really meant!" Pikachu snapped.
"What? Have you lost your mind? There's no way she'll listen to me," Greninja protested.
"Let me rephrase that. Go after her and explain what you meant, or a Thunderbolt will catch you on the backside in the next thirty seconds," the yellow electric mouse threatened.
"You wouldn't," Greninja said, backing away nervously.
"Twenty, nineteen, eighteen..."
"I'm gone!"
Greninja jumped to his feet and took off into the forest like a ninja (surprise, surprise) before Pikachu could blast him with the super effective attack. He didn't really want to talk to Braixen when she was most likely furious with him, but he didn't want to get blasted off to who knows where like Team Rocket either.
"Braixen!" he called out. "Braixen, where are you?"
It took a while, but eventually he found Braixen sitting on a rock by a small stream, throwing rocks and sand into the water. He thought about sitting next to her but decided against it. She probably wouldn't take too kindly to his presence, and the last thing he needed was for her to run away again.
"Braixen?" Greninja asked softly.
"Leave me alone, Greninja. You obviously don't want anything to do with me," Braixen said coldly. Greninja winced at her tone.
"That's not true!"
"Isn't it, though? Isn't that what you just said back there?" Braixen countered, turning to face him at last. She shook her head in disgust. "I-I don't get you, Greninja. I thought you said you liked being around me. I thought we-"
She broke off and didn't finish. Greninja waited for her to start speaking again, but she remained silent.
"Thought we what?" he repeated. "Thought we what, Braixen?"
"It's none of your business," Braixen replied harshly. "Just leave me alone, okay?"
"Braixen, please. I didn't mean what I said like that," Greninja pleaded. "I really do like being with you."
The fire fox Pokemon scoffed in disbelief. "And just why should I believe you?" she asked scornfully.
"When have I ever lied to you?" Greninja asked.
That did the trick. Braixen's expression changed into one of thoughtfulness, though there was still a sad look in her eyes. But at least she wasn't angry anymore.
"I guess it doesn't really matter," she murmured sadly. "It's not like you'd ever...never mind."
"It's not like I'd ever what?" the frog-ninja Pokemon asked. "Please, tell me."
Braixen shook her head and looked away again. Greninja knew he wouldn't be able to get her to tell him what was on her mind. So he did the only thing he could think of. He sat down beside her and placed a webbed hand on her paw.
"I'm sorry," she said quietly. "I'm sorry I thought you would really mean something like that. It's just...I was starting to think that we could actually be more than friends, and hearing what you said just made me feel so stupid. It was like being slapped in the face and I just...never mind. I'm sorry."
"I should be the one apologizing. I shouldn't have said that," Greninja said gently, before realizing what Braixen had just said.
Wait...
Had she just...
No. There was no way.
Had she?
She had.
"Wait...you wanted to be m-more than friends?" he stammered.
Braixen nodded and blushed. "Y-yeah," she stammered, looking nervous. "I know you probably don't feel the same way, but I just had to say that-well, I love you-and I guess I'll be going now..."
She stood up to leave, but Greninja grabbed her paw and held her back. Her eyes met his, half-hopeful, half begging him to let her go. But he had no intention of letting her go anywhere. Not after what she had said.
"I love you too," he said softly.
Braixen's reaction was worthy of a Hollywood drama. She stared at him in disbelief for a moment before she beamed and threw her arms around him. Greninja fell back slightly as her weight crashed into him but managed to stay upright. He held her for several long moments, pure joy making his insides feel warm.
Suddenly, the sound of applause made both Pokemon let go of each other. Greninja turned around and saw, to his embarrassment, that every single one of their friends had emerged from the trees and were clapping and wolf-whistling. Even Ash was grinning like a madman.
"Finally. It's about time," Hawlucha said, smirking.
"What do you mean fina-oh!" Greninja huffed as he realized what was going on. "You pricks! You've been plotting this the whole time, haven't you?"
"Yep. Surprised it took you so long to realize," Pancham replied smugly.
Greninja closed his eyes. "Ash..." he began dangerously. "Were you part of this plan too?"
"Of course," Ash answered, grinning at him. "Serena and I were the masterminds behind it all."
"Wait, what do you mean you and Serena?" Pikachu asked, turning his attention to his trainer.
Ash chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Oh yeah-would now be a bad time to tell you that Serena and I have been together for two weeks now?" he asked.
For a moment, no one said anything.
Then a roar split the air that caused everyone within hearing distance to plug their ears.
"ASH KETCHUM, HOW DARE YOU KEEP THIS FROM US?"
Greninja and Braixen laughed as every single one of Ash's, Serena's, and Clemont, and Bonnie's Pokemon as well as Clemont and Bonnie themselves started chasing Ash around the clearing.

And that's it for the story. I hope you all enjoyed. This was my first Insectivoreshipping book, so I hope it was decent enough.