Part 12 - I'm Sorry

En başından başla

"Where's Sam?" Nathan asked.

"Oh, he's right there." Rafe answered.

"Sam!"

"Relax, he's alive. You know, this idiot nearly got us all killed."

Then Nathan saw me.

"Melanie?"

"Hi." I said.

"I'm getting them out of here." Nathan said to Rafe.

"No, you're not." Rafe walked and interrupted the eye contact me and Nathan had.

"Rafe, you can have the treasure, all right? Just let me save them." Nathan coughed.

"Not like you care about Melanie. And Sam, on the other hand." Rafe said, looking at Sam's unconscious body for a minute, then laughed. "You wanna save him, after everything he's done? How noble of you, but no.."

I finally got strength to stand up, so I did and walked over to Rafe's side.

"We stay here any longer and we're all dead. Is that what you want?"

"Don't be so dramatic, Nathan. You knew this moment was coming." I said.

"That's not what I said." Rafe said, then Nadine appeared in the doorway. "What do you think, Nadine?"

I leaned on Rafe's arm now and he put the gun in his other hand to be able to hold me up.

"Good to see you up and about." Rafe continued. " Be a dead and relieve Nate there of his gun?" He commanded.

"Hand it over." Nadine said.

"You really think you can trust him, huh?" Nathan asked.

"Not your concern." Nadine answered. Rafe walked over to Nadine slowly. I was left at the same place.

"Now, why are you trying to instigate? Nate. Nadine and I are partners. I don't screw over my partners." He walked closer to Nadine. "Get over there."

"Rafe?" I said, trying to get his attention. He didn't respond.

"You and your brother, though." He continued. Nathan walked over to Sam, slowly. "Right from the start, you took advantage of my generosity. You tried to cut me out and it's high time you learned-" Nadine interrupted him by putting her gun at his neck.

Rafe's eyes was wide open.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Now you give me your gun." She commanded. Rafe scoffed.

"Nadine." He said and she loaded the gun. Rafe looked terrified.

"I won't ask you again." I limped over to them, by the door.

Rafe slowly gave Nadine his gun and she handed it over to me before pushing him away, still pointing her gun at him.

He turned around and put his hand on his neck.

"You are being, profoundly stupid right now." He sighed.

I just noticed the two skeletons on the right side of the room.

"Look over there." I said.

"Stop screwing around-" Rafe started before Nadine pulled the trigger and a bullet hit the floor.

"Jesus!" Rafe shouted.

"Look!" She said.

"Okay, it's a couple of skeletons. So what?"

"I don't know as much about history as you boys, but I've got a pretty good idea who those two are."

"Well, enlighten us." I could see the insanity in Rafe's eyes. For the first time, I was scared of him. Nadine started to walk up the stairs and I followed right beside her.

"It's Avery and Tew." Nathan said. Rafe's gun was loaded in my hand.

"They killed each other, Rafe." I pointed out.

"Good for them, what's the point?" Rafe responded with a cocky tone.

"Everyone obsessed with this treasure, gets what they deserve." Nadine said and pushed me out of the door. I was in shock so I didn't do anything. All though, I knew exactly how this will end.

"So what, you're just leaving us here to die?" Nathan asked.

"Oh, we're just leaving. Wether you die or not, I don't really care."

"Melanie? What are you doing?" Rafe shouted.

"I'm sorry, Rafe." I said back, feeling the tears roll down my cheeks. " I love you." I mouthed.

"Wait!" He shouted again.

"So long, Rafe." Nadine said before closing the door. I was speechless. They're going to die in there.

I heard Rafe bang on the door, telling us to open it.

"Come on, Melanie. You're not going down the sam destiny as them." Nadine said. "I'll help you get home."

"Meet me outside. I just have to.. let this sink in." I responded.

"Okay, but don't open the door. If they survive, they'll find a way out. This is what they deserve." and then she left. I sighed.

"Melanie! Open the goddamn door." I heard Rafe shout.

_____

I hope you like it

Vote and comment 🌿👽