Want Me Back? (Short Story 1 - Memories) - Jared Gibran

Want Me Back?

By

Jared Las

(Short Story 1 – Memories)

            One day there was a boy and his name was Drake and a girl named Anna. Drake was simply a normal teenager and Anna was a rich girl with a high class family. They went to the same school and it was pretty much normal between them. Even though Drake is just a simple teenager guy, he was handsome and kind, he was really a good kid. Each day of school, Drake would try his best and stay close to Anna. He would sit beside her during lunch break, he’d even exercise beside her during Physical Education Class, but Anna was totally uninterested. But Drake would always try.

            One day, there was a school announcement and it was about a school concert and each student could perform. Anna was a violinist and she was eager to perform in the concert, and Drake was a real performer, he could play the guitar, piano and drums, he can even sing well!

            The concert came, each student performed great and there were lots of noise from the crowd. Then Anna’s turn came, she played her violin well, it was totally sweet music to the ears. But when Drake’s turn came, he sang “Waiting for Superman,” by Daughtry while playing the piano and everyone clapped because they were so amazed, except for Anna. She was totally pissed off.

            Then everyone went home because there was school the day after. That day, Drake came up to Anna and asked her if she’d want to go the movies with him and she said yes. Drake was really happy. He picked up Anna at the 8:00 PM at their mansion and went to the mall. While Drake bought the tickets, Anna disappeared, and then Drake saw Anna with a guy and that guy was Kent, he was also a student at their school. Anna’s parents never did like Kent, he was a troublemaker, but he was a total heartthrob. Anna simply used Drake so that she can hang out with Ken at the mall. Drake left the mall ashamed and heartbroken.

            2 years later, Anna was walking by the boardwalk, she saw a magazine stand, and she saw a really handsome guy at the covers of most of the magazines. Then she suddenly knew that it was Drake. Drake turned out to be the world’s no #1 Pop Artist, and he ruled the music industry, but he was still the kind guy. Then Anna tried to contact Drake, and she had her chance, there was an upcoming interview in Hollywood, she drove to Hollywood and during the interview, she asked Drake and said, “Do you know me? I’m Anna, we went to high school together?” Drake answered, “Yes, I know you.” After the interview, Anna went to Drake’s Room and spoke with him. She said, “Drake, I know we had a bad start, but can’t we start over?” Then he answered, “Anna, you’re really a beautiful girl and I totally adore you. But there was no us, you just used me. And if I take you back now, I would make a fool of myself. I forgive you for what you did in the past, but I’m sorry I won’t take you back for what you’ve done to me.” Anna replied, “No! This can’t happen to me.” Drake replied, “I’m sorry Anna, you had your chance, now I’m happy. You want me back? I’ll see you in your memories.”

[Short Story by Jared Gibran] [Own Intellectual Property] [Short Story 1 - Memories]