Thomas // Christmas

* Hello everyone! My name is Amber and I wrote these imagines when I was around 16 and in my junior year of high school. I wrote these because I've always loved to write short stories and one day decided to post them. My writing has majorly improved since this so eventually if you keep reading, it'll get better. All reads and votes are still appreciated even this many years later. Enjoy and have a good day! *

It had been three months since Thomas went away to film his new movie called "The Maze Runner". He was really excited for it and I was proud of him but I still missed him a lot. He would send me late night texts and occasionally a video call but that was it.

It was Christmas Eve and honestly I wasn't in the most cheerful moods. I missed my boyfriend and all the rumors about us breaking up had been getting to me. It was rumored that he did the movie as a way to forget about me and it hurt like hell to think that.

My parents had asked me to come over for dinner tonight so I wouldn't be alone and I hesitantly accepted. I had found a nice black dress I bought for one of my premieres a few months ago.

I did my makeup and curled my hair into loose beach waves like I usually did. It was quarter to 4 when I finally got in the car and drove to their house from my hotel. I told them I didn't mind getting a hotel since their only guest bedroom was being occupied by my grandmother, my aunt and her kids.

I drove for ten minutes before I pulled into the driveway and prepared myself for my fake smile. It crushed me to think about not being with Thomas for the holidays but this rumor getting to me.

I knew it shouldn't. I had my fare share of rumors since I had been in a ton of movies myself. Thomas and I had an apartment we shared in Hollywood, convenient for our auditions and roles.

As I walked inside, I had family members attacking me with hugs and questions as I set my purse and gifts down.

"Oh look it's little Ms.Hollywood," my aunt laughed as I followed and walked into the kitchen to greet my parents. The house was filled with twenty people running around in dresses and ugly sweaters. The regular Christmas in my family.

"Oh my love," my mother said through tears as she pulled me into a hug.

"Hi mama. Did you miss me?" I laughed as she sniffled and pushed me into a hug with my father.

"We did pumpkin. It's been since Easter! All those movies keeping you from us," my dad said almost angrily as I was handed a small pretzel to eat. I hadn't seen my family in months due to filming of Thomas and i's movie called "maze runner".

"Guys stop crowding her," my grandmother laughed as she started carving the turkey with an electronic knife.

"I want to hear all about you guys," I said as I found myself on the couch beside my four cousins, one of my uncles and two of my aunts.

"Us? You're the one who's living it up in movies. Tell us about them," my cousin named Eve said.

"They're the same as last time. They're fun and all the casts are very nice," I said taking a sip of my wine.

"Yeah but what about the last one. You got a boy out of it," my cousin Kyle laughed.

"Oh you mean how's Thomas? He's good but I haven't seen him in months. He's filming in New York for his new movie," I said smiling. I was dreading tonight but now that I'm with family, I'm happy.

"Aww I'm sorry sweetheart. But we're all glad your here," my aunt said placing her hand on my knee.

"Dinners ready!" My grandmother called as we all sat down for our meal.