It's Love When It Burns Ch 9

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?"

"It's stupid to think I can settle with being your friend," he replies, "Not after everything we've been through. There is no way I could ever look at you as just a friend," he explains as he steps closer to me, "And don't lie to yourself and say you can be my friend. You know that can never happen, I was your first love as well as in other ways too. You know we can't just be friends after all that."

I felt my cheeks burn not from embarrassment but from annoyance. I dare he bring up such sentiment things about my life and proclaim it was the reason I could never look at him as only a friend. A friend is what I intended to me, nothing more.

"What we had is over and I have accepted that now, if you don't want to even try to be friends then I guess there is nothing else left to say."

With that I turn and start walking away from him.

Hurt and shock that he would ever say such a thing was fueling my anger. I refused to look at him, or to talk to him further. It just seemed smug of him to comment something like that.

I heard him calling my name but I only ignore it.

I walk back the way I came and as I approached the wall it started to form a doorway.

I waited impatiently for it to fully form and when it did I reach out and grabbed the handle.

As I began opening I heard Draco catch up.

"Colloportus!" he shouts causing the halfway open door to slam shut and lock.

I snap my head around and glare at him, "What the hell do you think you are doing?" I ask as I reach into my cloak and take out my wand.

"If I wanted to talk with you further I would have stayed back there," I state as I turn back around.

"Alohomora," I say holding my wand to the door. I hear it unlatch and I reach for it yet again.

"I will keep locking it," he states as I slide my fingers through the handle, "I swear I will do it again if you don't talk to me."

I let out a frustrated breath and turn, "What do you want then?" I ask impatiently, "You turn down my offer of being friends, you mock the fact that I still care for you, then you even offend me by stating you were my first and that I will always love you. So please tell me what else do you have to say to me Draco?"

"You still love me?" he asks an unreadable expression crossing his face.

I go to speak but stop. Why did I say that? It just came out without me so much as paying attention to what I was saying.

Was I still in love with him? I could only assume somewhere in my heart a piece still belonged to him, after all he was actually my first true love, but to say I still was in love with him was a whole other subject.

Defeated I reply, "Of course I do," I tell him, "I always will, but not in the same was I use to."

"That's not how you said it though," he states, "You said it as in you still love me like you always had."

I shake my head, "No I said I will always love you, I didn't go into such detail," I reply, "You are over thinking it."

"Or perhaps I am thinking correctly and you just don't want to admit it."

I groan and run my hand down my face, "Draco does it really matter?" I ask, "Either way we have the same end result. We are not together nor will we ever be again. We let it go, I accepted it, can't we just drop this?"

Silence lapsed between us before he eventually responds, "Yes, let's drop it," he tells me, "I wanted to hear you say we can never be and you just did."