Delicieux.

Sorry this took so long.

~~

This was stupid.

(Name) gave a small twirl.

"How about this one?" She inquired. Yui scrunched up her nose in thought, something she often did.

"No... it's so... not you." She sighed.

(Name)'s eyebrow twitched. "This is the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life. I don't even want to go and I'm wasting my time dressing up!" She ranted, ending with plopping down beside her bestfriend, the bed sinking down slighty with her weight.

Yui got up, clapping her hands together.

"Alright, I'll pull something together yeah?" She stated before walking in the closet and closing the door behind her.

(Name) resisted the urge to roll her eyes as she hears the 'oohs' and 'ahhs' that are coming from none other than her friend.

It was within a few minutes - which felt like a few years really - Yui exited the closet with an all but proud smirk on her face.

She threw the outfit at (name), letting it hit her and hang over her head. (Name) pulled the clothes down on inspection.

"...."

She got up, and tried it on.

~

It was simple really. Ripped blue jeans with a long sleeved white shirt, matching with the black and white converse Yui also picked out.

Casual, but cute. It was a safe outfit for the evening.

Yui beamed while (name) grumbled something along the lines of a few curse words. She was not excited.

"You look great! What will you do about your hair, though?"

(Name) clenched her fist.

"Absolutely nothing. I'll keep it down. It's one date Yui."

And with that, (name) began to await at the door for her date.

~

The knock was soft and gentle.

(Name) padded over her wooden floors to open it, meeting the face of the scheming captain.

Although, he really seemed different.

Oh, that's what. His usual smirk was replaced with a gentle smile. How unusual.

He wore something simple too, sweatpants with a long sleeved black shirt, rolled up to his elbows. His left hand being removed from his pocket, he reached up to run his fingers through his hair.

"Shall we go?"

~

He took you to a cafe. It was quiet and nice. Not too shabby.

They made idle talk here and there.

The waiter came with your order, and passed (name) her latte while Kuroo got his hot chocolate.

As the waiter walked away, Kuroo reached for his cup.

She noticed the way he gripped the handle a bit too harshly for her liking.

"(Name)...." he began.

She motioned for him to continue.

"Listen, the biggest reason I wanted you to come here... I wanted to apologize." He took a sip from his cup, his sharp eyes piercing right through the girl.

Her heart skipped a beat. Were his eyes always this easy to get lost in?

Oh right, he never even glanced at her before. How would she know?

"Listen, I was a total jerk when we were younger."

"You think?"

He visibly cringed. She was harsh.

"What I mean to say is, I'm sorry. I want to become friends."

Her eye twitched. Her fingers clenched.

"Friends? Friends? Kuroo, it is much too late for that. It's great you want to apologize, but you can't give me back the years I lost chasing after you. All I wanted was to be your friend. And look now, you want to be my friend? Now that I'm prettier and smarter, more known and popular?" She breathed out a laugh, almost in exasperation.

"No wait (name)! That's not it, I just want you to know that I know I was an asshole, but I want to make it up to you!" He tried to explain.

She shook her head.

"No Kuroo. It won't be that easy. How can I forgive you?" She looked away from his gaze with a sad expression.

"Time. Please." He pleaded.

She raised an eyebrow.

"Pardon me?"

"Time. I'll get you to have fun with me. You'll see." He shot her a look. The determination and passion caught her off guard.

But she didn't falter.

"I'd be surprised if you could even get me to stay with you for more than an hour." She reached in her purse and pulled out a ten dollar bill.

"I think I've had enough time spent with you for today. Thank you for taking me here. Lovely place." She got up and after placing the bill on the table, she left. Her eyes glossy, willing herself not to cry. He brought back some harsh memories.

Kuroo on the other hand was stunned. She hated him, that's for sure.

But he didn't let it get to him. For he knew, he would be successful. He would get her to like him. Even if it was just as a friend.