Chapter 14: Aurora

Zacznij od początku

"Please, coach doesn't even really coach. I do. So yeah, come to practice," he opens the car door for me and I throw my stuff in, closing it back when I'm done.

"Show me the way," I grab his hand.

Out of nowhere, he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder like I weigh nothing. I know he's tall, but I didn't realize how tall he is until I'm dangling over his shoulder, looking at the sidewalk. I laugh, knowing there's a smug smile plastered on his face right now.

"I wasn't in the mood to walk anyway," I giggle.

"Good," I feel his back vibrate from his chuckle.

"You know, you have a great ass," I say, giggling.

"Oh don't get me started," he warns and playfully smacks my ass.

I can't help but laugh at his gentleness towards me, even when smacking my ass. Though it was playful, it still turns me on a little bit. I guess that's just the effect he has now.

"What are you laughing at?"

"Nothing. You're just so gentle," I hold onto his shoulders as he brings me back to my feet.

"I can show you just how gentle I'm not," he growls in my ear.

"That's very intriguing. You'll definitely have to prove that to me soon. But right now, you have practice so it'll have to wait," I wrap my arms around his neck and give him a deep, sexy kiss.

I love that when I kiss him, his hands automatically go to my waist. His hands are always warm and they're big against my tiny waist. I love it.

"That's just mean," he groans as I pull away.

"I never said I was nice," I wink.

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and leads the way to practice. Some of the guys are gathered in front of the bleachers in their practice uniforms.

"Hey dude, you're late," Carter says.

"I'm afraid that's my fault," I raise my hand, smiling sheepishly.

"It's cool," Carter hugs me and Aiden disappears to get dressed.

As soon as he returns he gives me a quick kiss and goes straight into soccer mode. Watching him lead his team is absolutely wonderful. To see him so in the zone, so in his element is so fun. Every now and then he looks over at the bleachers and winks at me. I'm admiring the team when my phone starts buzzing, Taylor's name appears on the screen.

"Hey," I answer her call.

"Aurora," she sounds panicked.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask.

"Aurora, Tanner is out of the hospital. Rumors are spreading all over town that he's trying to find you and that he wants to hurt you," her voice is shaky.

At that moment, I can almost feel the color drain from my face as fear fills my body. Tanner was notorious for ass kickings back home. If he wants to kill someone, he will do it. I was just fortunate to catch him off guard when I put him in the hospital. I'm not scared of him, but I can't have him coming here.

"Aurora are you there?" Taylor asks.

"I'll call you later," I hang up.

I sit there for a second staring at my phone, unable to move and forcing back the tears that want to escape. Shit, shit, shit. I freak out internally and exit the bleachers, jogging to Aiden on the field.

"I have to go. I'll see you later," I say as I get to him.

"Are you okay? You look off," he touches my face.