When the bacon was done, we sat down at the table and ate. "Please make sure you don't make a mess.." I told her and she nodded. You make the best bacon.." she told me smiling. "Well..thanks.." I told her raising an eyebrow. She burped and jumped as if it scared her. "Uh...excuse me.." she said embarrassed. I burped too and she looked grossed out but smiled afterwards. "Excuse me." I said smiling. We both finished and I put our plates in the sink. My phone started ringing and it was the APS. it was Rick and he told me he was coming over today to check up on us. Oh no, I need to make sure she acts mature. I hung up the phone and sighed. "Uh...let me do your hair for you...There's a guest coming over today.." I told her and she gasped. "A guest! I can make a new friend!" she shouted running upstairs. "Hey where are you going?" I asked jogging after her. She went into my room and started jumping on my bed singing a song that went: "I'm gonna make a friend today, friend today, friend today!".

"Come on I just fixed that.." I said groaning as she stopped and sat on it bouncing. "Look, we don't have much time..come on." I told her grabbing her wrist and taking her into the bathroom. I stood her in front of the mirror and we both looked at ourselves and glanced at eachother at times. I started brushing her hair as gently as I could, but of course she decided to be overdramatic. "Ow!" she shouted. "I'm not even brushing hard!" I said to her. She crossed her arms and pouted. I put it into a ponytail and I had an idea to try to make her see her true self. "Cookie...look at yourself in the mirror...and I mean really look.." I told her. She went close to the mirror and really looked at herself. I was hoping that she would realize that there is no trace of a 6 year old in her. "I see...a princess." she said grinning. I groaned and shook my head. "Yeah...you're a special princess.." I said shaking my head. I don't know what happened to her to make her like this, but everytime I look into her eyes I just feel so sad. I feel embarrassed for her...I bet so many people have made fun of her and called her names and thought she was psychotic. I feel bad that she thinks she's...normal. "What did you want me to see?" she asked me turning to face me. "Um...nothing really..." I told her. She was a walking out and she nearly slipped and bumped into me. She jumped up and froze. "I'm Sorry!" she said embarrassed and hugging me tightly. I sighed and looked at her as she had her eyes closed. "I know...I know you are.." I told her putting my hand on the small of her back and then after awhile I slowly pulled away. "Can I watch tv?!" she asked me. "Y-yeah go ahead..just press the red button on the remote.." I told her. "Ok!" she shouted running out of the bathroom. I just stood there and put my arms on the side of the sink and looked at my reflection. "Why can't she see that She's not in the body of a 6 year old? She's probably my age.." I said shaking my head. She then appeared in the bathroom doorway. "Uh...I think I broke the remote.." she told me. "How did that happen?" I asked shaking my head. "I dropped it.." she said pouting. She gave it to me and I walked past her. "Come on.." I told her and she followed behind me. We sat on the couch and someone knocked on the door. "Ok look when he comes in here don't be all over him..act like me ok?" I asked her bad she looked confused and nodded. I depend the door and it was rick. He walked inside and he shook my hand. "Hey Dwight how was your first night with cookie?" he asked me as he hugged her. "It was defidently...as the personality cards read.." I said scratching the back of my head. "I told you.." he said shaking his head. Taraji plopped on the couch smiling up at both of us. "So how have you been enjoying your time here cookie?" asked Rick to her. She glared at me and I was hoping that she'll leave a good report...otherwise I won't get paid. "It was the bestest time ever! He taught me how to cook bacon!" she shouted happily. Rick showed a smile that was happy but filled with sympathy for her. I grinned slightly and shrugged awkwardly. "Yeah..after she made a huge mess I had to show her something...adults do.." I said to him and glaring at her. She just kept sitting there and smiling, completely unaware of what I was getting at. I sighed. "Yes...well good job at teaching her things..." said rick nodding. "I'll be back in 3 months to check up on her again.." he said walking to the front door. He left out and i let out a breath of release. I sat down next to her and she smiled in my face. "Can we keep watching tv!" she asked me and I shrugged. "Sure.." I said shaking my head and turning the tv back up. I laid on my back and she immediately laid on my chest. She smiled at the tv and I just stared at her awkwardly. I could see the woman in her eyes, but I couldn't understand the child on the outside. She looked at me and smiled. "What?" she asked. "N-nothing..you need to go to sleep soon.." i told her. She frowned and sat up. "I don't want to Go to bed!" she shouted. "But you need to.." i told her. "Why!" she asked him. "Uh...well I'm your legal guardian..so I can tell you what to do." I told her. "Well I'm not going!" she said irritated and getting up running upstairs. "Oh man...here we go with the running again." I said irritated. I got up and jogged after her. She was in her room hiding under the covers. Oh god. She really does have the mind of a child if she thinks I can't see her. I walked over the the sheet and took it off of her. "Get in the shower and just go to sleep. You need rest you can't be up all night." I told her as she pouted and crossed her arms. "You have to do something for me!" she said and I groaned. "Ok..what?" I asked her. "Watch tv with me until I fall asleep?" she asked me. "Fine but you're sleeping in here tonight by yourself." I told her. "Ok! I promise! Pinky promise!" she said smiling. I groaned and did the stupid promise. She giggled and hugged me tightly. I slightly grinned and pulled away. "Ok now come on.." I told her grabbing her wrist and taking her to the bathroom. "Shower and put this on.." I told her. "Ok!" she said happily and she ran into the bathroom. I slumped on her bed on my back and closed my eyes. "Finally...getting...rest.." I said as my eyes slowly closed and I drifted off the sleep...

"Ow!" I shouted as I felt cookie jump on top of my lap, closer to my stomach. I jumped up and she was in a onesie with pigtails. I prefer something a bit more mature but if it's not how she wants it she won't wear it. "Ok now lets watch tv so you can go to sleep." I said standing her up. She jumped on the bed and snuggled up close to me as we watched tv together. Some parts of the show was actually really funny and we laughed together. I had to use the bathroom and I lifted up. She pouted and froze. "Ugh I'm just going to the bathroom." I told her. She frowned and crossed her arms. "Geez I never seen someone get so mad about me having to take a leak." I said shaking my head. I went and used the bathroom and when I came out she was sitting the bed happily.

"What?" I asked her

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"What?" I asked her. "Nothing I'm glad you're back!" she said grabbing my arms and putting me back on the bed with her she cuddled against me and we watched tv again...

After awhile she feel asleep and I got up and went to my room. I needed sleep...as much as I could get..

TBC...

A Child At Heart...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें