Chapter 1

Zendaya POV

As I walked into the crowded halls of hell, otherwise known as high school, I lightly pushed pass people trying not to knock them over as I went to my first period class that I would most likely learn nothing that would help me with what I have chosen as my career. The world already invented calculators and I understood math to the point where I have an A, what was the point?

      My thoughts were interrupted when I abruptly ran into a hard chest. I looked up to be met with two beautiful blue eyes the color of the ocean. I suddenly felt insecure because that meant he was staring into my brown crap colored ones.

      "Oh, sorry!" I blurted, bending down to pick up my textbooks, "Didn't see you there..."

      "Oh, uh, n-no it's m-my fault, so-sorry..." he stuttered bending down to help me retrieve my stuff.

      When he tried to bend down, his lanky long legs decided to give up on him, and he landed flat on his butt. His mouth allowing a string of curse words to slip from his white teeth before muttering an apology and gathering the rest for the books for me.

      "Uh, h-here y-you go." he said handing my text and notebooks to me.

"Bye, Zendaya." he said quickly before walking away.

I got to class early to see the same dude I bumped into sitting at the front of the class. I waved, smiling at him and walked to my usual spot in the back. He blushed and waved back lowering his head. The teacher wasn't in class yet since the bell hadn't rang and there was just the dude, three other boys, two girls, and me in the class, so I decided to go on Wattpad and read one of my favorite books called Louder//Dan Howell.

"No phones in class Zendaya, you will receive it tomorrow." was all I heard when my phone was snatched from my grasp. I looked up to see my teacher shut my phone off and put it in his pocket.

"What the hell?!" I protested.

"Rules are rules, Zendaya." he replied firmly.

***

The two periods after that were fairly quick and now it was lunch time. I bring my own lunch and give to people who appreciate it. I gave it to a freshman who looked sweet and he muttered a polite thank you. I took my seat at the edge of an unoccupied table and reached in my pocket for my phone. Then I remembered it had been taken away. It was at that moment I realized that I couldn't call my sister to pick me up if she forgot. I cursed to myself hoping she wouldn't forget today because I didn't feel like taking the bus.

"Its not nice to curse." someone in front of me giggled. Wow. That giggle was adorable.

I looked up to see a pair of hazel eyes, wide grin and curly, dirty blonde hair. What's with me running into cute guys today?

"Hi, I'm Ashton," he smiled extending his hand for me to shake.