Chapter 8 - Mission completed or?

Cyd's P.O.V.

We watched Madison and her dad walk into the house.

"How are we going to stop her from telling the secret without getting noticed. It's like impossible" Shelby said.

"We could try to distract them so everytime she tries to tell them we'll get her on other thoughts... I don't know how though but let's improvise" I said.

Shelby nodded and we snuck in through the back door. We saw them sitting down at the dining table and for a long time they talked about totally other things than the secret.

"So the reason that I asked you to come here is because I have something I need to tell you" Janet said.

"Okay go on" Madison's dad said.

"Well...." Janet said.

All of a sudden a phone buzzed, it was Madison's.

"Can I take this? It's really important" Madison said.

Janet said okay and Madison walked upstairs.

"That was lucky but what will be do when she comes back... she'll just continue to tell them" Shelby said.

"We needs to distract them somehow so Janet forgets what she wanted to talk about ... like put focus on something else" I said.

"Okay, like what?" Shelby asked.

In that moment Madison's dad asked if he could use the toilet and then dissappeared to find it. Janet was all alone. She took the dessert cake out from the oven and went into the pantry to get something. I then saw our chance.

"Watch and see!" I said.

I took one of the bobby pins that Shelby had in her hair and sneaked over to the pantry but stayed on the other side of the door of course.
I quietly started to do something with the lock that I had learned from a tv-show. A few seconds later I gave the door a small push and it shutted itselves. I smiled widely.

"Hey! Open up!" Janet said from inside of the pantry.

I heard footsteps and quickly ran back over to Shelby to hide. All of a sudden Madison's dad came into the room.

"Janet?" He said and looked around.

"Dave! I'm in the pentry and can't get out. The wind shut the door and now the lock is stuck" Janet said.

Dave started to try to open it and all of a sudden Madison came downstairs too. As they tried to get Janet out Shelby turned to me.

"That was amazing Cyd but will it keep her there long enough?" She asked.

"Thanks and well yeah. She'll be there for atleast an hour. Atleast that's what happened in the tv show were I learned do this. Who says you don't learn anything from watching TV" I said and smiled.

We watched them try to get the door opened for about 40 minutes and then Dave called a lock company for help. 20 minutes later two men from there arrived with tool boxes.

"Dad... I really need to go home. I have to study." Madison said.

"Actually I have to do some work too so let's go. I'll call you tomorrow Janet. You'll be out from that pantry in no time, these guys are experts." Dave said.

"No don't go! I need to tell you something it's really important" Janet said from inside the pantry.

"It will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon Janet, we really have to leave" Dave said.

We watched Madison and Dave walk out and I turned to Shelby.

"Mission completed!" I said and smiled proudly.

"I can't believe your plan worked! Let's go back now" Shelby said and held up her hand.

"Yeah let's go back, I can't wait to see Naldo being himself again" I said and smiled as I high fived her.

A second later we stood in the garage lab with Barry, just as before we left.

"You're back! Did you stopped her from telling them?" Barry asked.

"Yep! Cyd locked Janet in the pantry and then Madison and her dad had to leave. It was awesome" Shelby said and smiled.

"Good job girls, I really hope that Renaldo is himself again now. I really miss doing experiments with him" Barry said and looked a bit sad.

"Awwh Barry... I've missed him too so hopefully he's himself tomorrow at school"
I said and smiled.

"I hope you're right Cyd" Barry said.

Me and Shelby then walked back to the Marcus' house to eat dinner. Now it was the next day and we arrived in school.

"I can't wait to get the old Naldo back! And to never have to see Madison anymore. I mean if she never got to know the secret she'll probably still live in New York because...." I said but got interrupted by something further down the hallway.

There she was standing with Naldo who looked exactly like he did before we went back in time to stop Janet from telling the secret. I got all confused. Why is she still here and why is Naldo still dressed they way she made him dress? Why isn't he the real Naldo with his hats and hawaii shirts?

"What the...." I said completely in shock.

A/N

Dun dun duuuh! A plot twist! 😱