After about a minute or two of walking we found a door. "Seriously?" Fry asked in disbelief. Thomas walked to the door and opened it. Pushing it open all I could see were bodies and flashing yellow light. Newt tightened his grip on my hand and we walked inside.

"What happened here?" I could see bullet holes in the glass and more bodies lying around. Everyone walked around studying our surroundings. I of course walked with Newt.

"So they were watching us? This whole time." I leaned up and kissed his cheek trying to give him a sense of comfort. I don't know if it worked. I looked over at Teresa who was at a station with Thomas right across from her. Thomas pressed a button on a screen and a video started playing.

"Hello. My name is Dr. Ava Paige. I'm director of Operations at the World Catastrophe Killzone Department. If you're watching this that means you've successfully completed the Maze Trials. I wish I could be there in person to congratulate you. But, circumstances seem to have prevented it." I could see people dressed in white walking in the background of the video.

"I'm sure by now you must all be confused, Angry, frightened. I can only assure you that everything that happened, everything we've done to you. It was all done for a reason. You won't remember but the sun has scorched our world. Billions of lives lost to fire, famine, suffering on global scale. The fallout was unimaginable, what came after was worse. We called it the flare, a deadly virus that attacks the brain. It is violent, unpredictable, incurable. Or so we thought. In time a new generation emerged that could survive the virus. Suddenly there was a reason to hope for a cure. Finding it would not be easy. The young would have to be tested, sacrificed in harsh environments. Where their brain activity could be studied. All in an effort to find out what makes them different. What makes you different."

I felt another hand grab mine. Chuck was next to me watching the video. "You may not realize it but you're very important. Unfortunately your trials have just begun. As you'll no doubt soon discover, not everyone agrees with our methods. Progress is slow, people are scared." In the background people were moving, running even, to hide. Then men dressed in all black walked in with guns and started shooting up the place. I heard Chuck gasp and I pulled him closer to me.

"It may be too late for us, for me. But not for you. The outside world awaits. Remember," she held up a gun to her head and took a deep breath, "WCKD is good." She pulled the trigger and I turned my head away.

"Thomas?" He turned to me and I pointed to where the woman's body was. He walked over to it and the rest of us followed closely behind. Then a door split open making us turn our heads.

"Is it over?" Chuck stared at Thomas.

"She said we're important. Well what are we supposed to do now?" That cute accent will be the death of me I swear it.

"I don't know." Thomas said shakily. "Let's get out of here."

"No!" We turned around and saw Gally behind us. He looked hurt, devastated. Like we betrayed him. I mean I won't deny it, we left him and the others back at the glades.

"Gally?" I asked stepping up.

"Don't," she pulled me back, "he's been stung."

"You can't leave." He held a gun in his hand. I stood behind Thomas.

"We did. Gally we're out. We're free."

"Free? Ha. You think we're free out there? No. No there's no escape from this place." He held the gun up towards Thomas, motherly instincts kicked in and I stepped in front of him.

"Gally you don't have to do this! Please. Just stop it. Gally, you're not thinking straight. We can help you. J-Just put the gun down alright?" I took small steps towards him.

"I belong to the maze. We all do." His eyes were filled with tears. Next thing I know I was tackled to the ground and a loud gunshot was heard. Minho yelled and I looked over to see Gally with a spear through his chest. He started gasping for air and everyone stared at him.

"Gally!" I cried. Newt held me up, I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

"Thomas?" I heard Chuck say. I turned around quickly and saw blood sealing through his shirt.

"Chuck! No." I ran over to him and caught him just as he fell down. "No. God please no." Thomas and I were leaning over him.

"Chuck. Look-look-look at me okay? Chuck I need you to look at me. Okay? I'm sorry."

"Thomas." Chuck held out a little figurine for Thomas to take.

"No. No Chuck. You're gonna give it to them yourself remember that?"

"Take it. Thank you. Thank you."

"Chuck! Don't you dare." I started crying. "Chuck!" I screamed as he took his last breath. Everyone was standing over us. Thomas and I were crying along with everyone else.

"God Damn it!" Thomas screamed at the top of his lungs hitting the ground. I held Chuck's hand and heard the doors open. I couldn't take my eyes off of Chuck. I couldn't. He had a life ahead of him. He could've had kids. My poor baby Chuck. Taken away from me.

"Lydia." Teresa cried. A bunch of guys in suits came to take us away. They pulled me and Thomas off of Chuck and tried to drag is away. We broke free and ran back to him. One pulled me off and stood me up.

"We have to go ma'am!" He yelled pulling my arm.

"No!" I ran over to Gally who was surprisingly still breathing. "Gally! Gally! Gally! No!" I took his hand in mine.

"L-lyd-Lydia?"

"I'm here. I'm here."

"Forgive me?"

"Always." I cried. He took his last breath as a bunch of those guys picked me up and we left the building.

"Chuck! Gally!" I screamed. Thomas wasn't far behind me when we got onto the plane. I sat with Teresa still letting tears fall from my eyes. I cuddled up into her and cried silently. I didn't care what was happening at all. Just about the other lives we've just lost.

"Are you all alright? You're safe now." I looked up at the guy and glared at him. Newt grabbed my arm and pulled me gently to him. I managed to stop crying and look out the window of the helicopter. We could see the entire maze we've been living in for three years.

"Relax kids. Everything's going to change." You're sure as damn right as will. I will make sure of it.

"For Chuck." I whispered quietly.