Chapter 1

3rd October 2008

I was sitting in a park by myself, while I was listening to some Coldplay's music in his MP3 Player. It felt really calming, I enjoyed doing that. 

It was about 5PM and I had already finished my homework, so I had some free time to enjoy. Besides listening to music, all I was doing was to take a look at my surroundings, nothing else. Even though it seemed like something boring to do, it wasn't. 

Suddenly, a blond guy who seemed a little younger than me came into the park. He sat a bit far from me, but I couldn't help but stare at him - he looked like an interesting person. I think he noticed my staring, however, he said nothing about that. That guy seemed so lonely somehow. 

Two guys who were looking for him arrived, and started to pick on him - I didn't like that, I had to do something about it. 

"Hey yo!" I yelled at the guys picking on the blond guy. "Mind your own bussiness, that guy there is my cousin, leave him alone." I walked towards them and stood besides the blond guy. I don't know why, but they sighed and left. 

"You okay bro?" I asked him, he assented and mumbled something similar to thank you, he seemed like a shy guy. "Do you mind if I sit here?" I asked pointing to the sit besides him, and he nodded. 

He kept quiet, without saying a word. In that moment, he was the one staring at me, not me. I kind of felt like I was overwhelming him or something, but at the same time it felt like he didn't mind me being there. For some reason, I just wanted to get to know him. 

"So much looking, but so little talking, huh?" I tried to break the ice somehow, although it wasn't my strong point. "Do those guys annoy you often?"

"Yeah, kinda. Thanks for making them leave though," He smiled shyly and shrugged. I smiled back at him. 

"Anytime, kid. Some people are just stupid and they bother others just to feel better about themselves, it's crazy, isn't it?" 

"Sure it is."

We stayed silent for a while. Then, the blond guy grabbed a sandwich off the bag he had with him. He divided it in two and offered me a half. I accepted it and thanked him. 

As we stayed together, I couldn't keep my eyes off him. His eyes were blue, his face was so cute, and his hair was so soft I wanted to caress it. What was happening? Why was I feeling that? He was a boy... and I was a boy... why couldn't I stop looking at him? 

He was wearing a Nirvana shirt, black jeans and sneakers. He looked like a rock music fan. 

An idea burst into my mind. 

"Hey, you have a pen in that bag?" I asked out of nowhere. 

He assented and gave me a pen, giving me a strange look. 

"Give me your hand," I ordered him. He gave me his hand without asking again, but he still looked like he didn't know what I was doing. "If those guys bother you again or you need anything, just give me a call." I explained as I finished writing my cellphone number in his hand. 

I smiled him and got up, I was going to leave. I smiled at him and turned around. Nevertheless, when I did that, he put his hand upon my shoulder. I turned to see what he wanted, and he stayed still and quiet. 

"I'm Hemmo by the way," He introduced himself giving me his hand for a hand shake. 

"I'm Ash."

We smiled at each other and stood there, somehow it felt like there was somethig between the two of us. I didn't know what it was - I had never experienced such feeling towards anyone, what was all that about? 

I didn't know anything but the fact that I liked that feeling.