Light and Love

AN: Sorry for not posting anything!!!! School came up on me and just kicked me on my butt. I plan to try an update at least once or twice a month. This chapter has Dick as Nightwing and Jason as Robin. Enjoy!

Light and Love

"Am I as light as a feather, Dick? You're already so strong, I can't wait to get as strong as you...or stronger~." Jason remarked as he sat upon Dick's shoulder

 "Yeah. I guess you can say you're a feather. And good luck. Keep dreaming, kid" Dick laughed as he continued their way home.

"How mean Dick!" he pouted, making Dick smile even more. "I'll make my so-called dream a reality then one day I will lift you up on my shoulders and you'll feel like a feather just like me~." Jason laughed just thinking about it.

"I'm sure you will, Jay. Hey, while you're at it, can you make pigs fly?" Dick fake questioned

Jason took a minute to think over Dick's question, thinking it was a real one. "Uh...no? Why would I want to make pigs fly in the first place?" 

Dick laughed even more, trying not to make Jason fall off his shoulder. "It warms my heart how you're so innocent. And don't worry about it, Jay. Just think on it."

"I don't think I'm as innocent as you think me to be Dick...I'm a smoker and a thief..." Jason remarked

"You were a smoker and a thief. As long as you're in my watch and protection, you're Jason Todd, also known as the deadly feather."

"Deadly feather? I thought I was Robin." Jason giggled. "You're silly Dick but I guess that's why I like you so much~."

"Aww, you like me?" Dick smiled, lifting Jason off of his shoulder with both hands to pull him into a tight hug. He ruffled Jason's hair with a smirk. "You're such a sweetie when you're not mean."

 "And you're suffocating me." Jason complained, pouting his lips at Dick again. "I like you like Batman likes you...I think. You know, like family. I rarely had that while growing up and you made me feel at him so...yeah, you're my brother." At the end of his sentence his voice was at a whisper, for Dick's ears only.

"But you're not bleeding. And besides, it's brotherly bonding!" Dick beamed, pinching Jason's cheeks. "Oh, like Batman likes me? That's a lot. But I'm glad you consider me as family. It's an honor, Jay" he fake bows at Jason which earns him another giggle.

"Well how else am I suppose to like you?" Jason asked with a tilt of his head. "You make it seem like I can like you another way. Can I like you more than Batman does?"

"Of course you can like me more than he does. And get this, you can even love me. But I don't think I'm worthy of such thing from you." Dick chuckled and blew a raspberry on Jason's cheek. "When I was your age I was even lighter than you." Dick tried to slightly change the subject, feeling it was getting to serious and personal.

"Love you? A man? Does that exist?" Jason looked interested and curious. "Why do you think you are not worthy of my love?" Jason laughed aloud and wriggled in Dick's arms. "Stop that! It tickles!" He grinned at Dick. "Why is that? Did you not eat?"

"Yes, kid. It's called homosexuality or friendship. You'll learn about it when you're older, I promise." Dick twirled the end of Jason's cape with his finger. "I don't think I'm worthy of your love because you're so great and mighty." Dick seemed to melt with joy at seeing Jason's grin. "No, no, I ate. I just moved around a lot so it seemed like you weren't even holding anything."

"Aww but I want to learn now." Jason went back to pouting his lips. "You always tell me that I have to wait until I'm older but I'll never be old enough for you Dick. That's unfair. Tell me how to love you now~." Jason clambered back up to sit on Dick's shoulder. "So acrobats have to be light? Then you definitely must feel like you're flying when performing or leaping off buildings."

"That's nonsense. I'm not stopping you from loving me now, it's just I can't necessarily love you in the way you probably want me to love you. I'm old." Dick watched Jason as he climbed back into his shoulder. "They don't have to be light. I was just a light weighted kid." He patted Jason's leg. "Oh, yeah. Feels like heaven when I jump off buildings."