Confessions

It was a regular Saturday morning and Hajime was on his way to the restaurant.

When he finally got there, he saw everyone else already inside eating and talking.

Suddenly, Souda came up to him and handed him a folded piece of paper. "Hey there Hajime; Uhm.. Komaeda told me to give this to you. Not sure why, but he said it was urgent." He said with a shrug.

Hajime unfolded the paper to see a note "Meet me at my cottage at noon. Komaeda" Hajime re-read the letter in confusion, then glanced over at Komaeda who was stuffing his face with bagels in the corner alone.

A few hours after breakfast, Hajime went back to his cottage. He was still very confused about that letter he received from Komaeda. What could he want? He decided to rest for a while until it was time to leave.

Hajime left his cottage around 11:45. He arrive at Komaeda's cottage just in time. He knocked on the door and a few moments later Komaeda answered. If it wasn't weird enough going to his cottage, Komaeda was wearing a pink apron and was holding a plate of cookies in one hand. They actually looked surprisingly good.

"Hey Hajime! I didn't think you'd come," Komaeda said, a bright smile on his face. "Come on in." He offered. Hajime walked inside and Komaeda closed the door behind him.

In the middle of the room there was a small coffee table. There were two empty cups, a plate of bagels and a plate of cookies Komaeda had just made. "No one really cares enough to come over, so I didn't know what to lay out for you. Sorry if it's not very comforting." Komaeda apologized.

"Don't worry about it..." Hajime muttered, sitting on the edge of Komaeda's bed. Komaeda took his apron off and sat next to Hajime, putting his knees up to his chest.

"So what did you want to talk to me about..?" Hajime asked, wanting to get to the point. "Oh yeah, that. Well..." Hajime noticed Komaeda's cheeks began turning pink. "The truth is, I really like you Hajime. I really do. You're so much more than a friend to me, I love you Hajime." Komaeda confessed.

Since when were we friends?! Hajime thought. He just stated blankly at Komaeda. He only sighed. "I know someone as useless and unimportant as me doesn't deserve love from someone like you. But I wanted to let you know how I felt.." Komaeda rested his head on his knees.

Hajime didn't realize how much he actually liked and cared about Komaeda until now. Sure, he is pretty crazy but that was another thing he liked. Hajime only stood and sighed. "Well.. Thank you for telling me... I think I should go now." His voice trailed off as he left Komaeda's cottage leaving him alone on the bed.

The following night Hajime couldn't sleep. He couldn't stop thinking about Komaeda for some reason. Eventually he fell asleep but only got a few hours of sleep.

Once Hajime got into the restaurant, everyone was there except for Komaeda. He wasn't in the corner eating bagels by himself. Did Hajime hurt Komaeda's feelings yesterday? Completely worried, Hajime skipped breakfast and went to Komaeda's cottage.

Once he got there he knocked on the door and with no surprise, Komaeda opened it. "Oh, it's you Hajime. You're the last person I thought would come back; I thought I creeped you out yesterday." He explained, looking down.

Suddenly, Hajime wrapped his arms around Komaeda and hugged him tight with his head resting on his chest. "I'm sorry about yesterday.." Hajime apologized. Komaeda stayed silent as he talked. "It took me a while, but.. I realize I really do love you..." He admitted, stroking Komaeda's marshmallow hair.

Komaeda was still silent until suddenly, he looked up at Hajime and stood on his tip toes to kiss him on the nose. He gave Hajime a smile and closed the door behind him, leaving Hajime dumbfounded.

He shook it off and started back to his cottage, totally unaware that Akane and Kazuichi were both watching them. And there is no way that they wouldn't tell everyone else what they just saw.

What'll the others think