CHAPTER 01: The Exalted Masamune

"...The weather today here in Domino City will be partly cloudy and may expect rainfall and thunderstorms in the afternoon. For everyone's safety, it is advised that everyone would stay in their homes and wait for more updates about the weather…"

“I’m pretty sure the organizer wouldn’t even care if it rains or shines,” the young man thought, switching the television off after hearing the news. Reminded of the event where he’ll be participating, he glanced at the grandfather clock at the corner of the living room and said, “I think I should go. I’m sure it’ll be a long trip to Obscurite.”

The young man quickly donned his clothes, composed of a black trench coat, dark blue jeans, and a pair of red-and-black combat boots; and clad red-and-black metal guards on his arms. He also wore two accessories; an amulet with the shape of a distorted red-and-black flame, and a silver ring with a spiked cross engraved on its bezel. After doing so, he went outside and headed to the mansion garage. His residence was rather large, and it was known to be one of the biggest houses in Domino. The place however, seemed to be far from the community, as it was located within a forest of tall, lush pine trees on a small plateau near the city.

Inside the garage, he went to the key holders and picked up his keys, and went to the nearest vehicle he could find: a black motorcycle. He removed its cover and kept it inside the garage cabinet and rode on the motorcycle. As soon as he left the garage, rain started to pour down from the clouds. “Hope I won’t be late,” he quickly thought as he left the mansion and went to his destination: the city of the night, Obscurite.

An hour of traveling later, he finally reached Obscurite, but as soon as he arrived in the city proper, he felt that something wasn’t right. The city was awfully quiet, it’s as if the city got hit by a strong calamity.

“What happened here?” he thought, and suddenly he heard something move from behind. The sound came from a nearby building. Trying to find out what made the noise, the young man looked at the building’s windows, as thunder and lightning roared from the rainy sky.

“Look out!” a cloaked young girl, her face hidden under the hood, yelled, as a mysterious figure tried to attack the young man from behind. He managed to hear the girl’s warning, and evaded the enemy’s attack.

“There’s another one!” she yelled again, as there was another enemy nearby the young man and tried to attack him. The second one looked like a small humanoid-like being, having sharp claws in its little hands. Unfortunately, he failed to notice its attack, but before he got hit, the young girl quickly cast a fire spell and aimed at the attacking enemy.

The attack was successful, as the attacked enemy faded into the darkness. The young girl hastily went to help the young man.

“What was that!?” he asked.

“That was an Imp, a type of Mythos,” she replied. “Thank goodness you’re okay.”

Shocked, he quickly asked, “A Mythos!? Here in Leirlouf Continent? No way!”

But before the girl can answer, the young man quickly remembered the first enemy who attacked him, and asked, “Where’s the other one?”

“Oh sh-” the young girl replied.

Suddenly, the mysterious figure clad in a dark cloak, now his right hand holding a sharp blade, appeared behind the young man and tried to attack him again from behind. The girl pushed the young man to the side and blocked the figure’s attack. With her left hand, she materialized a blade out of thin air and used it to block the enemy’s weapon.

The blade looked like a typical katana, but it had a different feel from normal katanas. It also had a white feather keychain at the end of its grip. Strangely, it glowed bright, as if it’s a weapon made out of pure light. Looking at the weapon, the young man was surprised. “Wait, that’s…”

The mysterious figure, also surprised, suddenly spoke in a distorted voice, “tHe EXaLTeD MaSaMuNe!? yOu mUsT bE…” the girl’s hood was removed by the breeze, revealing her face,”…TaKuMi HiDaKi!”

The girl smirked and attacked the enemy with swift attacks. The enemy managed to block and dodge every attack, but he was pushed back from his original position because of the girl’s attacks.

A few meters away from the young man, he quickly saw another figure that looked the same as the one who Takumi attacked. The clone ran towards Takumi with blade in hand, attempting to attack her.

“nOw DiE, TeSsErAn!” the clone yelled as he rushed towards Takumi for its attack.

“Takumi!” the young man cried.

The young man quickly went behind Takumi and blocked the clone’s attack. With his right hand, he touched his flame-shaped amulet and dark flames appeared from his hand, quickly materializing a large black-and-silver blade out of the flames and used it to block the incoming attack.

“I wAs CoRrEcT, yOu aRe…” the clone said as he looked straight at the young man’s eyes, “…tHe oNe wHo wAs cUrSed bY tHe AMuLet oF DEcEiT, GrEyFeLL ZEiTLiN!”

“Y-You’re…” Takumi said as she looked at Greyfell, and the figure and his clone retreated.

The mysterious figure faded in the darkness, leaving the words: “aT LeAsT I KnOw nOw wHo mY fUtUrE vIcTiMs aRe... wE WiLL mEEt aGaIN! i’LL mAkE sUrE yOuR FatEbReAkErS WiLL sOOn bE mInE!”

It left with a distorted laugh that echoed all over the place, and stopped when the thunder roared.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 20, 2013 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Vermiculo Umbraeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें