Vine - The Impulse Series.

Prologue.

            Looking back now, I’m not sure why I did it.

            I am sure that there probably isn’t any kind of excuse that could justify what I did, except for maybe one.

            I wasn’t myself.

            Being continually forced into stressful situations, and constantly wondering if today was going to be the day that I finally drowned was a common thing for me. The only refugee that I could find from my self-inflicted torment was to imagine myself drowning in the hundreds of alphabetical letters that would conform into single words of neglect. An ocean made up of letters, and I would hold onto an ‘O’ as I sunk to the bottom with the rest of the vowels.

            I didn’t always hate myself either; I grew up with a normal childhood -normal friends, normal parents and family. When I turned sixteen though, I grew bored with normalcy. I wanted to live, truly live.

            Perpetually, that’s what I did.

            I started hanging out with the rebels in town, going to parties and drinking. I always told myself that I would never give into the peer pressure of drugs – but when I did give in, it wasn’t pressured upon me. I wanted to experiment, to be not so normal.

            I guess that’s where this story really starts, then. Not at the beginning… because honestly, who wants to hear about my normal years? Exactly… no one. Right, my story starts in the middle. Just the right amount of time after my normal years, but not too far into my most fucked up years – and just before my ending.