Chapter 1-Destination Despair

Start from the beginning

"Mind if I tag along?" he blushes slightly and looks away.  

"Sure," I shrug.  Even though we're right next to each other, we're miles apart.  I'm walking towards where the main buildings are supposed to be when I suddenly stop.  There is no main building, just a supermarket and a hotel.  

"So...where are we going?' his stride matches mine.  I smile to myself.  "To meet the other students of course," I take the lead again.

(LATER THAT DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D)

     When we finally finish, we're back at the Supermarket.  Souda is leaning against a shelf full of soda.  

"I think I'll stay here for a bit," because even in a virtual reality, he's out of shape.  Just like the real one.  

"Suit yourself," I say smiling at the fact that he's leaning against a shelf of Soda.  

"Guess I'll see you later-uh, whats your name?" oh yeah I forgot to introduce myself to him.  

"I'm," I need a name uh-ah,"Hana Shen," I find myself saying, "Ultimate Ninja at your service," I give a small curtsy and a sneaky smile.  He now looks a little afraid of me.  

"Ultimate Ninja-eh?  Nice to meet you I'm-" I cut him off, "Souda Kazuichi, Ultimate-," whats his ultimate?  I pause thinking.  Well he loves working with his cars and I know he's good at taking apart things so, "-mechanic,"I guess.  His eyes widen in surprise letting me know I guessed right. 

"H-how did you know?" I know a lot about you.

"Oh, I'm an esper," I say winking.  I turn on my heel and walk away leaving him open mouthed.

After introductions, I want to sleep and enjoy the sun, but I guess life has a way of ruining everything. Usami summons us to the beach. I chew my lip debating whether I should go or not when I hear someone attempting to sneak up behind me. I turn, ready to pierce them with a shrunken, only to see Ms.Nevermind sauntering up to me. Seeing her happy smile and flowing hair makes me sad. I wish she was always like this and not the despaired filled version I had seen on tv.
"Hello Ms.Nevermind," I smile
"Greetings Hana," she returns the smile, "I was just heading to the beach as Usami asked, would you like to accompany me?"
"Of course," and there go my dreams of sleep >^<
The beach is pleasant, and fairly similar to the real world one, with the fine sand and crystal waters. There are locker rooms nearby, which is new. Many people are not here but luckily Mahiru (thats me ;)) can see my confused face and whispers to me that Usami has invited us to swim. Figuring I might as well stay in shape I follow her to the locker rooms. Luckily Hiyoko isn't there, or we'd be fighting over the tiny swimsuit. I change quick and get out before the guys, dipping my toes in the cool water. I relax a bit, maybe this isn't so bad. I'm waist deep in the water where I hear a voice behind me.
"Hey Hana! Nice swimsuit," its Souda. I didn't realize that he had arrived, nor did I realize that I blushed so easily.
"So? Its just like everyone else," I try not to sound harsh, I fail miserably. "Oh, I mean you look good in it," now it's his turn to blush. I hate being mean to him. Akward silence. I try to lighten the mood
"You look great too," I remark.
Before he can respond I tap the nearest persons arm and shout, "Race you to that rock!" Before diving in. Luckily, my challenger dives in after me, accepting my challenge. The water is warm as I glide toward the rock. They tap it a second before me and I laugh realizing I challenged Peko, who is talented in everything.
"Nice job," I smile scampering up the rock and lying down.
"You too," did I just see a tiny smile?
I close my eyes, taking in the artificial sun. My thoughts are interrupted by Peko's concerned voice.
"Uh Hana, hate to interrupt your nap but what the hell is happening to the sky," she points up. Clouds from no where sweep over the sun as the atmosphere quickly becomes dark and gloomy. Something is wrong. She dives into the water and I follow her swimming as fast as I can. I hear my heartbeat in my ears. I pray that everything is okay, but somehow I know its not. I surface, dripping water and being just as confused as the other students around. The tv flickers once, twice, and turns on, but Usami is no longer on screen. When I see the bear outline on the monitor, I want to jump back into the water and never come out again.